The COPY command is very slow. PASTE is worst. Comp freezes for quite a long time, making composing and editing a Nightmare. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Cakewalk to no avail. Have reinstalled Windows 10 to no avail.

Windows 10,  XEON (P) CPU, 32 GB memory, AMD FirePro D 500 Graphics, AMD High Definition Audio Device, Cirrus Logic CS 4208,  Kontakt Sampler,  Komplete Audio 6, Cakewalk (Latest)

Are you using ASIO with the on-board audio device?  If so, switch to WASAPI.  I had exactly the same issue with the on-board Realtek device on my laptop - the ASIO drivers were rubbish and causing Cakewalk to constantly retry failed ASIO calls.

In the longer term, I'd recommend considering buying a dedicated audio interface, especially if you're ever going to record audio.

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Are you using ASIO with the on-board audio device?  If so, switch to WASAPI.  I had exactly the same issue with the on-board Realtek device on my laptop - the ASIO drivers were rubbish and causing Cakewalk to constantly retry failed ASIO calls.

In the longer term, I'd recommend considering buying a dedicated audio interface, especially if you're ever going to record audio.

that is exactly what I recommend to users in my area  😉 🎶

Edited by EnglandBross

Just for additional reference (not necessarily related to this topic - the replies here are on the mark already), but uninstalling and reinstalling rarely is the solution to fixing these kinds of problems. Sometimes a clean install can help things, but sluggish responsiveness is almost certainly due to something else causing it (plugin CPU load, bad driver, something else on the system bogging it down, etc.) rather than something in Cakewalk itself that's gotten broken.

• Like 1

Windows 10,  XEON (P) CPU, 32 GB memory, AMD FirePro D 500 Graphics, AMD High Definition Audio Device, Cirrus Logic CS 4208,  Kontakt Sampler,  Komplete Audio 6, Cakewalk (Latest)
 create isuues?

problem of sluggish and or frozen response appears to affect only cakewalk. I have heard NTK DAEMON  as a possible culprit.

7 hours ago, John Balich said:

create isuues?

problem of sluggish and or frozen response appears to affect only cakewalk. I have heard NTK DAEMON  as a possible culprit.

Your PC kicks more derrière than mine does (see sig) and I do not have the “sluggish response” issues you are having.

I have had the NTK DAEMON running in the background while CbB is running and this has not caused “sluggish response” in CbB.  Though I have configured my system to only start the NTK DAEMON service when Native Access 2 is running (and stop the service when I exit Native Access 2).

As a test, what happens if you disable all audio devices except the Komplete Audio 6 (and use its native ASIO drivers)?

I am assuming your Windows is fully patched, the VDIST runtimes are the latest and you are using the latest drivers for all of your hardware (Do this using manufacturer's websites rather than via Windows updates)

8 hours ago, Promidi said:

Your PC kicks more derrière than mine does (see sig) and I do not have the “sluggish response” issues you are having.

I have had the NTK DAEMON running in the background while CbB is running and this has not caused “sluggish response” in CbB.  Though I have configured my system to only start the NTK DAEMON service when Native Access 2 is running (and stop the service when I exit Native Access 2).

As a test, what happens if you disable all audio devices except the Komplete Audio 6 (and use its native ASIO drivers)?

I am assuming your Windows is fully patched, the VDIST runtimes are the latest and you are using the latest drivers for all of your hardware (Do this using manufacturer's websites rather than via Windows updates)

I am not familiar with

VDIST....................im considering going to Cubase.........i cant operate like this

Edited by John Balich

11 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Right on!  Cubase is a great program= $749.00 for the equivalent version to Cakewalk.   Go for it. You'll never regret it. 

Mm, I don’t know. I bought Cubase Pro when Gibson abandoned SONAR and I do regret it. In a weak moment I once even upgraded. But here I am, five years later, still using Cakewalk. Go figure.

• Like 1