A Musical?

Jimbo 88

I think this is the first song using ai vocals thats been posted here? What did you use? I did wonder how you could be auditioning for a musical and going to try to write it too. The voice I think I thought sounded least pleasing was a black male voice going very low. 

1 hour ago, treesha said:

I think this is the first song using ai vocals thats been posted here? What did you use? I did wonder how you could be auditioning for a musical and going to try to write it too. The voice I think I thought sounded least pleasing was a black male voice going very low. 

I was not communicating very well.   I was auditioning voices for a musical.

Here is the process...write the song in CbB.  Export a XML file into Sibelius for arranging.  Export a  Sibelius midi file into a program called Synthesizer V which generated wav files of the vocals (after tweaking).   Import the wav files back into CbB for mixing.  I used the voices Solaria, Kevin  and Asterian

https://dreamtonics.com/synthesizerv-gen1/en/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

That's AI? The last time I checked on vocal AI it was terrible.  But this sounds pretty decent.  So you can download Synthesizer V and use it on your own computer?
-Bjorn

Yep,  I picked up Synthesizer V and Kevin (the male vocalist) for $98, then Solaria and Asterian bundled from another site was $162.   So for $260 I have a pretty good stable of singers all on my computer.  Write the song in CbB, export midi into Synthesizer V (there is a learning curve! not to bad), back into CbB for mixing.

Crazy.

Nicely done ! . . . does it come with an Elvis or Andy Kaufman vocal emulation ?, LOL . . . yes, I actually really enjoyed this, reminded me of a fun radio commercial advertisement I heard recently . . . but for musical theatre you could really do some cool things with this !

Interesting post Jimbo. Well, vox AI has arrived along with AI music....I need to think about this stuff for awhile. At first they sounded like human vox to me, adequate, but not much more, which is pretty much the standard for most musicals. I think at the 3:00 mark when you have them harmonize it's a bit of reveal that they're AI.

I can say that none of the voices stood out as being, say, an "incredible talent" like a Little Richard, Paul McCartney, Elton John, John Fogerty, Joni Mitchell, Peter Gabriel, Sting, etcetera. But, knowing how fast technology develops it's pretty much inevitable that at some point a break through AI voice or two or more will become created. Will people still be inspired knowing that the vox isn't a human vox but formed from a different type of creation, that is non-biological? to be continued....🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.