Full and clean uninstall and reinstall of all IKM?

Bapu

We had a power failure in the middle of the SampleTank 4 MAX sound installs. Upon reboot and a new attempt to install the sounds I get a javascript error.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to do a full uninstall of all things IKM and then do a reinstall of Total Studio Max 4.

So I went to all of the product directories under IKM in bit 32bit and 64bit Program Files folders and performed the uninstalls.

I thought I was golden.

Not so.

Sample Tank 4 Max sound install still gets a javascript error. And, now Custom Shop never completes even after two hours of the installer being live and the progress bar keeps doing it's white cloud sweep from left to right while the green bar remains at 50%.

What a FusterCluck.

Any advice (besides dumping IKM altogether) oh sage ones?

I did a search about full uninstall and reinstall on IK's forum. The only thread I could find was for Mac.

Getting a JavaScript error could indicate a PC issue that is preventing the IKM installers from completing the installs.

By all means open an IKM support ticket.

While you wait, here are a few things to try.

Are you attempting the install via the IKM product manager.

Wwhat is the exact JavaScript error message.  Have you googled the textual contents of that message.  Does it include the text “operation not permitted”.  Maybe try changing the download location folder in the settings in the IKM Product Manager.

What happens if you download one of your products manually from your IKM product area and install manually?

Note: This is how I do IKM installs - much more reliable than IKM product manager (for me anyway)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

Getting a JavaScript error could indicate a PC issue that is preventing the IKM installers from completing the installs.

By all means open an IKM support ticket.

While you wait, here are a few things to try.

Are you attempting the install via the IKM product manager. YES! I always have.

Wwhat is the exact JavaScript error message.  Have you googled the textual contents of that message.  Does it include the text “operation not permitted”.  See image below.

Maybe try changing the download location folder in the settings in the IKM Product Manager. I've done this with three different HDDs.

What happens if you download one of your products manually from your IKM product area and install manually? I have not tried that, yet.

Note: This is how I do IKM installs - much more reliable than IKM product manager (for me anyway) I'll have to remember that.

image.png

Edited by Bapu

Delete the "IK Product Manager" folder that the IKPM uses to download products and unzip them for install. It will create it again whenever needed.

If an install process got interrupted in the middle, that folder may contain corrupt files.

• Like 1

i tried (and tried and tried and tried) over the years to get sampletank to be fully functional and IKM defeated me so many times, i finally just deleted sampletank and all its content. i feel sad because there were a few nice instruments in there, but alas, too much BS to keep it. i do have a few of their other products like MODO and syntronik instruments which are nice, i tried TONEX and removed that after about 24 hours as a waste of life. 

it's just a weird company where everything is either workable or so piecemeal it simply takes too much effort to keep (or make) it working.

Good news about the IK Product Manager Crash:  I just got the exact same pair of error messages above.

Background: I finally got an external 2TB SSD and was running the IK Product Manager to download all the IK sound files to my trusty 6TB HDD.  It has plenty of room still.  My plan was to install the sounds to the new SSD and backup the downloaded zip files to DVD RAM disk.  Even the largest IK zip file is less than the DVD-RAM size.

I have been keeping track of the zip files and already noticed a handful of files didn't get downloaded (i.e,, there were consecutive gaps in the part numbers--even though the time for each actual download was consistent).

I call this good news because to me independent confirmation of an issue is good.

Please note: I am just reporting this in case anyone finds the additional confirmation useful.  I will most likely go back to downloading all the sound files part-by-part. In my experience, that method of downloading and then installing the sound content is more reliable.  Since it is a relatively new version of the IK Product Manager (from a few months ago), I thought I'd give it a try.

I suppose its possible that for some reason the Product Manager didn't download all the parts and when it went to install the files, the error was triggered because the file wasn't on my PC. I have never coded anything in javascript, so this is just a wild guess.  It could be any of a number of other things, too. I looked up "javascript error uncaught exception ebadf bad file descriptor, read" and while there are some discussions of this issue, it's all Geek to me. 😜 

PS: Forgot to mention something: FWIW, the IK Product Manager also says, "Install failed" for "ST4_MAX_Sound_Library_Update_1_5.zip."

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos; to add a tiny bit of information I left out
  • Thanks 1