Mastering the Mix Mixroom & Bassroom EQ Plugins - 70% OFF!!!

PavlovsCat

Mastering The Mix EQ Excellence Bundle, including Mixroom & Bassroom EQ plugins for Mac & Win, is 70% off - $37.80 USD (reg. $126 if purchased separately) - until April 18th (or after 5000 redemptions).

This is the best deal I've ever seen on these plugins. I would love to get opinions on them from someone here who owns them. 

https://www.masteringthemix.com

EDIT: There's been a slightly better price on the bundle since I made this post, as Yan pointed out below.  $35 USD at Plugin Boutique plus you get a reverb plugin free with the purchase made there. Thanks,  @Yan Filiatrault.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/10458

Edited by PavlovsCat
Better price found at Plugin Boutique
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Mastering The Mix EQ Excellence Bundle, including Mixroom & Bassroom EQ plugins for Mac & Win, is 70% off - $37.80 USD (reg. $126 if purchased separately) - until April 18th (or after 5000 redemptions).

This is the best deal I've ever seen on these plugins. I would love to get opinions on these plugins from anyone here who owns them. 

https://www.masteringthemix.com

Bassroom is actually quite decent. It really shouldn't be as good as it is and should be easily replaceable with a standard EQ in theory, but it just is often faster and really tailored for fine tuning the lower frequencies and sounds great too. I'd recommend it.

Mixroom I don't own, so I can't say there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's good too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PreSonus gave away a license to Bassroom a couple years ago to Studio One users. Emailed a license key.

I played around with it at the time and it really looked useful, but haven't used it for anything. An EQ just for the low end. Among my long list of other lost and forgotten plugins, LOL!

Haven't tried any of their other plugins yet.

Previous discussion here (scroll down for a YouTube review featured by our own Zo):

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/27929-from-presonus-for-studio-one-customers-bassroom-for-free/

From PreSonus, for Studio One Customers: BASSROOM for free!

We’ve partnered with our friends over at Mastering The Mix to give Studio One customers BASSROOM for free! BASSROOM is a final mix and mastering EQ that helps beginners and pros get their low-end sounding great.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, abacab said:

PreSonus gave away a license to Bassroom a couple years ago to Studio One users. Emailed a license key.

I played around with it at the time and it really looked useful, but haven't used it for anything. An EQ just for the low end. Among my long list of other lost and forgotten plugins, LOL!

Haven't tried any of their other plugins yet.

Previous discussion here (scroll down for a YouTube review featured by our own Zo):

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/27929-from-presonus-for-studio-one-customers-bassroom-for-free/

From PreSonus, for Studio One Customers: BASSROOM for free!

We’ve partnered with our friends over at Mastering The Mix to give Studio One customers BASSROOM for free! BASSROOM is a final mix and mastering EQ that helps beginners and pros get their low-end sounding great.

Wow. Only after you shared that did I realize that I have a license for Bassroom that I never registered. I just did so that I could check it out. I sent the developer a request to see if I could get just Mixroom at the sale price or close since I already have a license for Bassroom. It's worth a shot! 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 3

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Wow. Only after you shared that did I realize that I have a license for Bassroom that I never registered. I just did so that I could check it out. I sent the developer a request to see if I could get just Mixroom at the sale price or close since I already have a license for Bassroom. It's worth a shot! 

I did the same thing and they sent me a link to buy Mixroom for $18. Great dev.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jngnz said:

I did the same thing and they sent me a link to buy Mixroom for $18. Great dev.

Unfortunately,  I had the opposite response that you did: 

"I’m afraid we’re not offering the individual purchases of either MIXROOM or BASSROOM to people who obtained a product freely. We’re checking and verifying orders to ensure this doesn’t happen. Apologies for any disappointment.

Thanks,

Tom Frampton "

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

"I’m afraid we’re not offering the individual purchases of either MIXROOM or BASSROOM to people who obtained a product freely. We’re checking and verifying orders to ensure this doesn’t happen. Apologies for any disappointment.

Thanks,

Tom Frampton "

Oh that’s annoying that they’d give discount for one user but not another. I own Bassroom and was hoping for same thing 

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks,

Tom Frampton "

While I get their point about you obtaining it free, you still own 50% of the bundle and were going to spend money with them..

They also had a weird setup where you had to request a password to see your upgrade price to Expose2 of which the full version was regularly on sale. The upgrade price was probably only about $5 cheaper than new customers with none of their plugins would pay to get the full version and was never on sale. (I owned almost all of their plugins)

There wasn't really much of a loyalty discount, so I didn't bother. I did explain that sentiment to them, but they didn't really care to do anything about it.

So I didn't care to do anything about buying the upgrade 🤣 Which turned out to be good, because I then got Expose2 free via another promo, so they will now never get a sale from it.. it seems a little short sighted and that they shoot themselves in the foot sometimes..

If they just said yes to you anyway, then they would've already made money that you potentially wouldn't have spent if it wasn't on sale. Each to their own I guess and how they choose to do business 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

While I get their point about you obtaining it free, you still own 50% of the bundle and were going to spend money with them..

They also had a weird setup where you had to request a password to see your upgrade price to Expose2 of which the full version was regularly on sale. The upgrade price was probably only about $5 cheaper than new customers with none of their plugins would pay to get the full version and was never on sale. (I owned almost all of their plugins)

There wasn't really much of a loyalty discount, so I didn't bother. I did explain that sentiment to them, but they didn't really care to do anything about it.

So I didn't care to do anything about buying the upgrade 🤣 Which turned out to be good, because I then got Expose2 free via another promo, so they will now never get a sale from it.. it seems a little short sighted and that they shoot themselves in the foot sometimes..

If they just said yes to you anyway, then they would've already made money that you potentially wouldn't have spent if it wasn't on sale. Each to their own I guess and how they choose to do business 🤷‍♂️

Yep. The reality is, I wasn't going to bite on the product for $30 or more, because I don't really need it, I just thought it might be useful as a learning tool. If the dev would have said, say $25 for the product, I would have said yes. I told him thanks for his response and didn't want to be rude and tell him I won't be buying the Mixroom/Bassroom bundle,  but that is the case.  Maybe in the future,  if Mixroom hits $25 I'll pick it up, but as a business person,  I completely agree with you, MusicMan, that the way to handle this is to give the customer a price for a Mixroom alone,  otherwise it feels like the customer is paying for a product s/he already has. I do understand Tom's POV, I don't think anything bad about his business practices,  but it will mean I won't be making a purchase and may end up never buying from the developer (as I have Izotope, Focusrite,  Sonible and other alternatives that I'll continue to use and become more experienced with over time) and I think it would have been wiser to offer everyone who already has a license for Bassroom or Mixroom a lower price than the bundle containing both products. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yep. The reality is, I wasn't going to bite on the product for $30 or more, because I don't really need it, I just thought it might be useful as a learning tool. If the dev would have said, say $25 for the product, I would have said yes. I told him thanks for his response and didn't want to be rude and tell him I won't be buying the Mixroom/Bassroom bundle,  but that is the case.  Maybe in the future,  if Mixroom hits $25 I'll pick it up, but as a business person,  I completely agree with you, MusicMan, that the way to handle this is to give the customer a price for a Mixroom alone,  otherwise it feels like the customer is paying for a product s/he already has. I do understand Tom's POV, I don't think anything bad about his business practices,  but it will mean I won't be making a purchase and may end up never buying from the developer (as I have Izotope, Focusrite,  Sonible and other alternatives that I'll continue to use and become more experienced with over time) and I think it would have been wiser to offer everyone who already has a license for Bassroom or Mixroom a lower price than the bundle containing both products. 

I did the same request and got the same answer. Tom said that he personnally checked all complete the bundle buyers, so the previous one on this thread must have paid for Bassroom.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I did the same request and got the same answer. Tom said that he personnally checked all complete the bundle buyers, so the previous one on this thread must have paid for Bassroom.

I have indeed.

Plugin Boutique is selling the bundle for 35$ and you get a freebie with it. I read some reviews for Mixroom and they are very positive. I think it would be useful for me. I also had 2 other licenses for free of Bassroom from UJAM. I could try to sell them to recover the price difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dubdisciple said:

I don't mind MTM making our freebie NFU. In general they tend to be pretty generous and Tom is a pretty chill guy. He gave me a freebie when one of the products I owned was discontinued.  I own bassroom via the freebie but I may grab bundle anyway

Agreed. I'm just cutting back on spending. I was iffy on getting Mixroom, but thought, if I could pick it up for 18 bucks it would be a bit of a no-brainer buy even if I only use it a few times. 

For anyone else who is on the fence, I thought I'd share this. My interest in Mixroom was largely because a musician friend of mine vastly more knowledgeable on mixing had, last year, suggested that I look into it as aid to better learn mixing. More recently, I came across the below video that I thought confirmed that my friend's advice was solid. FTR, I still think the bundle is an excellent deal -- even for me.  I did download the trial yesterday and will be playing around with it and may end up buying the bundle too if I find it useful. I'm thinking of putting it on after Izotope's tool and comparing results with the two. I would still be very interested in hearing from people who know more about mixing than I do giving their thoughts after using Mixroom. My big question is that am I better off sticking with better learning the tools I have or will Mixroom help me to better grasp the EQing/mixing process. As it stands now, I very much rely on AI and am hesitant to make my own EQ decisions because, bluntly, I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to mixing (or mastering). 

• Like 2