PA Any 3 Plugins for $49.99 "Made by BX"

cclarry

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Depends on the workflow you want.  I don't find it counterintuitive, it is laid out quite logically unlike some other strips.  (Other than gate, which I think plugins where you see the audio are easier to set). 

This basically becomes your EQ, compression, gate, and limiter, and super mild saturation if you want it. It also has some stereo width control - and mono bass.  Other plugins you add to this to problem solve or add extra color.

Think about not having to put multiple plugins on each track and open and adjust them.  This give you the main tools in a single view which 9 times out of 10 is going to save you CPU power as it is surprisingly CPU efficient for what it does.

It goes on every track, and I hit the random TMT button to give the illusion of non-liniarity.  

I completely agree what you say about such channel strips!

But I prefer my CS-3301 channel strip from TBProAudio over the PA channel strips! It has easy value read out and value change by number input, is clearly arranged and has a definable component order. Sadly it is not available anymore, but its big brother CS-5501 is! That one has even more functionality, but it is also larger. It is very affordable and super cpu-efficient!

5 hours ago, MarcL said:

I completely agree what you say about such channel strips!

But I prefer my CS-3301 channel strip from TBProAudio over the PA channel strips! It has easy value read out and value change by number input, is clearly arranged and has a definable component order. Sadly it is not available anymore, but its big brother CS-5501 is! That one has even more functionality, but it is also larger. It is very affordable and super cpu-efficient!

I tested and thought about the CS-5501 before I got the AMEK.  It is another good option and the saturation portion is free via GSAT.

I appreciated the various comp options but for some reason had trouble bonding with the in my tests.  Likely a user problem.

I did like the straightforward layout of the EQ.  And having the multiple EQ and Comps to compound processing is a great idea with the routing but also another level of complexity and changing what is visible in the interface.

Amek became my go to.  But that would be my next option, there was a problem with it though at one time it was always about $80 with no discounts.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

PA is refusing to take my money. Maybe I'm not as smart as their software, but I count 3 products in the cart.

The universe is telling me I don't need any of those things. Which is true; I really don't.

pa.png

Make sure they’re all Brainworx plugins.

Yeh, I figured that out. What got me was the header announcing "PICK ANY 3 PLUGINS FOR $49.99" followed by a listing of their entire catalog. Nothing to indicate which ones are eligible and which ones are not. The most charitable interpretation is bad design. There is no delimiter separating the products that are eligible from the ones that aren't.

pa2.png

4 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Nothing to indicate which ones are eligible and which ones are not...

There is, right under the counter where "Jump to:" is, it's the whole first section on the products page, called Pick any 3 plugins for $49 blah blah. All plugins in this section are eligible. Sections are separated with a horizontal line.