Curiosity-Original

Johnbee58

On 4/2/2023 at 1:03 AM, bjornpdx said:

John, great lyrics as always, not just the words but how they're constructed too.  And I always enjoy how the accompanying instruments in your songs respond to those lyrics. Wonderful job.
-Bjorn

@bjornpdxThanks so much, Bjorn!

🙂John B

22 minutes ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Your songwriting and producing are better than ever!  This is quite sophisticated on many levels and cooler than heck!  The vocal is very ambitious - way outta my reach ;)  Keep it up!

@Lynn WilsonWow, what a complement.  Thanks so much, Lynn.  You're so kind.

🙂JB

This is up to your usual high standards!  It is a complex song and yet for mortals such as me, it was completely listenable (is that a word?).  A lot of lyrics with a message which are carried by a great melody.  The horns are icing on the cake (walk).  Cool!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, freddy j said:

This is up to your usual high standards!  It is a complex song and yet for mortals such as me, it was completely listenable (is that a word?).  A lot of lyrics with a message which are carried by a great melody.  The horns are icing on the cake (walk).  Cool!!

@freddy jThanks Freddy.

😀JB

Well done, great instrumentation and chord progression is wonderful. I particularly enjoyed the bass line, totally mesmerizing. The feel is very much a Steely Dan vibe, and because of that my ear kept wanting to hear more harmonies, but that's not really a fair critique of the song. It's a good one!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Well done, great instrumentation and chord progression is wonderful. I particularly enjoyed the bass line, totally mesmerizing. The feel is very much a Steely Dan vibe, and because of that my ear kept wanting to hear more harmonies, but that's not really a fair critique of the song. It's a good one!

@Kevin WalshThanks for your kind words, Kevin.

😀John B

Edited by Johnbee58