All 3 Hit'n'Mix RipX modules now 20% off for Spring Sale.

cclarry

These are advanced tools that let’s you not only separate guitar parts from any recording - then learn, practice and record your own guitar parts to it, but also offers significantly improved separation quality and when guitar layers are selected, determined guitar chord symbols are shown at the top of the rip. Hover to show the fingering in a chord diagram etc.

https://everyplugin.com/hitnmix.html
Ends April 10th

Sina is not a software reviewer, nearly all she posts is music videos, primarily cover versions of classic rock songs. She removes the drums from the original song (e.g., using RipX, as shown) and then makes a video with her own drum playing. She also makes videos with her own songs, multi-tracking herself or collaborating with other musicians (which she is also using in this video, to show the comparison between soloing tracks in the DAW vs. using Ripx). This is the only "technical" video I've seen from her.

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Like 1

I’m digging into them now with the demo off their site.

My hope was that this would allow me to take a stereo track, and extract stems (‘layers’ is the term they use) and use them for immersive mix work.  While it’s impressive what it can pull out, I don’t think it’s good enough for that.  Since, I could likely use it to isolate a track and listen to that to reverse-audio engineer any legacy work that’s being re-released in Atmos or 360RA.  

When you load a song it, it’s an offline process.  I did a 192k file last night, and it took 18 minutes to process (honestly, still faster than me using izotope most of the time).  If you are looking to grab an element for sampling purposes, I think it’s probably the best I’ve found.  Other than that, I’d roll up my sleeve and turn to RX.  

Oh- and I’m still confused about which version I’m even using and what the difference is between each of them. These cats really need a comparison chart on their site. 

Edited by e-cue
  • Thanks 1

Including the “useful” RipX feature of calling home every time you start it.

Run it four times with no Internet connection and it will greet you with this cute message: “RipX periodically checks online that the product license is valid. Please note that the next time you run RipX it will need to be connected to the Internet, otherwise creation and editing will be disabled”.  Run it disconnected once again and it will promptly deactivate itself. Check it yourselves in the screenshots below. Looks like useless in disconnected post-production environment. Thankfully Demucs that is integrated jn RipX DeepRemix as a source separation utility is completely free and open source and it could be downloaded here: https://github.com/topics/demucs

And their software doesn’t support license transfers.

I’d stay away from any other products coming from these ppl.

7539A7FC-2F89-4C1B-8805-D47DD312E835.png

2411CA8B-18B8-4F72-AC2A-38CE525CE4A9.png

• Like 1

^^yep that's a bit cheeky.  Not the only company to do that of course, but not a good look.

There are lots of other options, including lots of open source stuff complete with machine learning training data.  It's the specific workflow aspects and training data that some of the vendors bring that adds the value

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, e-cue said:

I’m digging into them now with the demo off their site.

My hope was that this would allow me to take a stereo track, and extract stems (‘layers’ is the term they use) and use them for immersive mix work.  

I think it’s probably the best I’ve found.  Other than that, I’d roll up my sleeve and turn to RX.   

I've been sitting  on a bunch of stereo files of live shows from years ago that I've been wanting to remix.  I didn't have much luck with RX, I bought Rip-X a while back hoping it would work better. Neither are there yet  but some day........

• Thanks 1