Sad Day

Wookiee

On 2/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

The sparkly chime melody is a pleasant happy wisp, which fades away as swells of lower register bassy synths come to overwhelm it.

Yours is a tone poem built of musical language, and the first reference I thought of was J.S. Bach.

Best of luck to you and yours, sir.

I can handle Bach, that is very kind of you Tom his music is genius. I love his organ pieces. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. 

Wookiee,

This piece has so many shades, happy, sad, confusion, hope, despair, joyful memories, etc..    Fantastic musical journey that really does justice to all the emotions and thoughts that go along with this situation.    Really a tough thing to go through and wish you the best.

Regards

On 2/4/2023 at 6:36 PM, Wookiee said:

In late December 2022 I had to do something I really hated doing but it had to be done.

My best friend of 38 years who I loved deeply and whom I had known for 45 years needed a level of help and care that I could no longer provide.

It may feel/sound a little like a dirge but it is short less than three minutes.  I do appreciate you listening if you do.

Toys used in it making Sad Days.

Cherry Audio 
Elka-X, Sines, GX 80, Miniverse

Roland Cloud 
D-50

FX
Boz Digitals 
+10Db Compressor

Moog MoogerFooger 
MF-1085 Clusterflux, MF-1045 Delay x 2

Overloud 
Breverb

All Other FX stock Cakewalk or from its S-Plat days.

Composed, recorded and mixed in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Quite a soundtrack piece Wookiee and does drive across the feel of sadness with emphasis on the depth of the emotions... 

Take care.... 

• Thanks 1

My mums out of Hospital for the 3rd time since I moved her into my place in 2019. I give a good level of care and totally  understand how hard it is with anyone close.  Well it can ruin relationships or you can find out who someone really is. Its stressful, lonely and can create that sad vibe for sure. I try to stay away from sad songs but i do appreciate listening to other peoples real expression.  Nice work Wookie 

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2023 at 7:46 PM, ramscapri said:

Quite a soundtrack piece Wookiee and does drive across the feel of sadness with emphasis on the depth of the emotions... 

Take care.... 

Thank you, good days, bad days but then that tends to be life. 

On 3/1/2023 at 5:59 PM, whoisp said:

My mums out of Hospital for the 3rd time since I moved her into my place in 2019. I give a good level of care and totally  understand how hard it is with anyone close.  Well it can ruin relationships or you can find out who someone really is. Its stressful, lonely and can create that sad vibe for sure. I try to stay away from sad songs but i do appreciate listening to other peoples real expression.  Nice work Wookie 

Thanks you sir. I have been a full time carer since 2006, our clan chief, my dad had Parkisons and Ms W had two very painful conditions which made her life distressing. 

Giving up on Ms W was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it was literally killing me. It was also a family decision the rest of the clan and its addpotied members all sat me  and Ms W to discuss it. 

Thanks again for your ears and kind words. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Thanks you sir. I have been a full time carer since 2006, our clan chief, my dad had Parkisons and Ms W had two very painful conditions which made her life distressing. 

Giving up on Ms W was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it was literally killing me. It was also a family decision the rest of the clan and its addpotied members all sat me  and Ms W to discuss it. 

Thanks again for your ears and kind words. 

It is definitely one of the toughest things ive taken on  Wookie. I am a vet, ex para and you can forget all this elite British forces nonsense, nothing compares to getting up at 3 in the morning to screams when you mum falls out of bed and breaks her tib and fib, lifting her in bed when she naked, puke everywhere from her pain, her heart monitor machine flashing red and then waiting 13hrs for a f**king ambulance. She got a heart monitor device by her bed what sends signals to the hospital but did not speed up the process due to her triple heart bypass, kidney disease and diabetes. I don’t even know what’s the point of having this state of the heart (pun) £1000 bit of useless kit by her bed, well some government private firm (Tory Donor) on a large mark-up probably. Yeh it can send a signal to hospital faster than I can call the hospital to wait 13hrs, insane illogical system.

The medication Dr always get wrong, now we order it online, Dr authorises it, go and pick it up and only half of it is there or its wrong at least 4 times a year, more petrol and parking for a second trip after number 19 in the queue to speak to the Dr that screwed it up haha.

I have to laugh. I’ve only been doing this from 2019, ruined my relationship and I am constantly managing stress, thank the universe for music and cakewalk haha. Unfortunately, I live in the south UK down in Plymouth and all our Family is up North in Leeds which means I do everything on my own without much of a break which as you know is distressing at times, an emotional punch bag and you have to make life sacrifices. I lost a big contract in Philippines that would have pretty much helped me for live financially, to now scraping by but was my choice. All the decisions have been the hardest thing I’ve done, its my mum and totally understands you 100% regarding the Family.

People don’t understand, not even Family that are not fully involved doing the work, I get the vibe in the song, we put everything we experience into music, that sometime we can’t say or express. I all always appreciate people’s music and can hear where people’s moods and emotions were at the time of writing. Theres two types of songs, (i) the people that just writes a song, traditional verse chorus etc chooses something to write about, maybe a experience they had in the past or they have a idea from a riff etc mush of these can sound manufactured. Then there’s the songs what we just write in the moment, from what’s happening in our life, the feelings and emotions we going through, they are the best songs, the real songs we write with mood which your doing here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@whoisp Strength and a little of the force to you, I do feel and know your pain. My mum had crippling arthritis in every joint in a wheelchair at 45, my Dad had Parkinson's, my brother pi$$ed off to the US because he couldn't handle it. Use the music it is the most powerful language. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 10:35 AM, Keith Wilby said:

I have no idea what the back story is to this but I've done the exact same thing to help me through difficult times. Nice job.

Thanks, the back story is something that would take to long to tell, I do appreciate your ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly beautiful, calm and tense, clear and complicated. I have a saying on my fridge for decades, from a Jungian philosopher who said psychology warns us not to try to be better than we are, it can build up an opposing amount of darkness and resentment within us. Like exceeding one’s innate capacity turns sour inside us and damages us and the one who we are trying to pretend we can be there for when really we can’t. It’s not wrong to know that. Like know thyself and thy limits. No doubt your decisions have been agonizing and deeply considered and at the same time it’s a good thing to know what we can and cannot do. Wishing all involved peace and wellness. Take care.

• Thanks 1