GPU Audio Arrives on MacOS

cclarry

GPU Audio has arrived on MacOS. The biggest request we've had all year has been delivered in time for Christmas! Early-access MacOS Support starts with the FREE FIR Convolution Reverb, showcasing our revolutionary audio processing technology through crystal-clear GPU-powered reverberations. Get the FREE FIR Convolution Reverb for MacOS here.

https://www.gpu.audio/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grem said:

I was wondering when somebody was going to take advantage of all the processing power just sitting there!!

I've seen a few plugins that already use the GPU to accelerate their UIs, so it's not a completely untapped resource at the moment. Doing the actual processing on the GPU is a relatively new idea in audio. I think one thing we have to keep in mind is that powerful graphics cards can be loud; background noise and music production don't really go together too well though.

Agreed about the loudness of the more powerful GPU's.

I really don't think most plugins would take much power, so a really noisy GPU may not be needed.

That's what I am thinking anyway. I don't really have a clue!!

I remember reading a good while back about programs taking advantage of unused GPU processing power. First thing I thought of was audio programs doing the same thing. But that hasn't developed like I thought it would.