Embertone Harmonica $39 Intro

Brian Lawler

On 12/31/2022 at 6:00 AM, fret_man said:

Thank you, so much! I don't have a good tracking space so sometimes I record myself, convert to MIDI (Melodyne), and then use sample replacement. Other times I just "hand craft" the MIDI from scratch, which is what I did here. Very time-consuming but you can get really good sounds. That is what I did here. I used the following VIs:

Thought this was a really great arrangement - loved the way everything fit together. It sounded like a band feeding off each other, not just a one-man dude! Really well mixed, too.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, fret_man said:

After my first run thru I noticed that bends only occur at the entry into notes. For bends in the middle of notes you have to use the pitch bend wheel. That sounds good enough but I wish the bend keyswitch worked anywhere - NOT just before the note starts. The gliss and "runouts" sound great. The vibrato control works well, although I was surprised how much different the loop sounds compared to Kontakt's LFO (both options are available as well as manual control, which seems WAY too tedious to me). I haven't yet figured out what "blues legato" does nor why they recommend it being used sparingly. The different levels of dirtiness are useful. This is a fun VI.

Edit: I've had more time to play with this and I found it's very import to overlap your MIDI notes to get the proper transitions. Stop overlapping the notes to take a breath. And then overlap the notes again for the entire next breath. When doing so, the "blues legato" really stands out. They're right - it's a very strong flavor that should only be used a few times per phrase. The "ghost note" keyswitch is interesting. It's mainly used to define where to start a legato slide without explicitly sounding the starting note. Liking this a LOT.

@fret_man  I really enjoyed your track and especially loved the percussion. Nice job! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 1

@Reid Rosefelt I successfully extracted the files using 7-Zip. I selected all 4, extracted all at once, as illustrated in the video Embertone posted.
I then dropped the Honkeytonk Harmonica folder that was created in my Native Instruments folder.
Then I dropped the Honkeytonk Harmonica.nki (from the Instruments folder) into Kontact 7.
(these instructions are for those that are not exactly Kontakt literate; that would be me. Not for Reid 🙃)

Thanks for the link to the VI thread.
Still no contact from support 😡, but I'm sure they are busy...

t

15 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

@Reid Rosefelt I successfully extracted the files using 7-Zip. I selected all 4, extracted all at once, as illustrated in the video Embertone posted.
I then dropped the Honkeytonk Harmonica folder that was created in my Native Instruments folder.
Then I dropped the Honkeytonk Harmonica.nki (from the Instruments folder) into Kontact 7.
(these instructions are for those that are not exactly Kontakt literate; that would be me. Not for Reid 🙃)

Thanks for the link to the VI thread.
Still no contact from support 😡, but I'm sure they are busy...

t

That's what I did. As far as I can see there is nothing missing, ad it works fine (at least using kontakt 6.7)

• Like 1