Epic Games Daily Free Games

pseudopop

This year Epic Games is giving out free games again. You have only 24 hours to claim each one, but as far as I know they are not limited in number.

The first one is Bloons TD 6 and it was revealed yesterday (sorry I'm late) and so is available only until 4 PM GMT today, or little over 3 hours.

The next one is suspected to be Horizon Chase Turbo, but we will soon see.

Edited by pseudopop
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Racing games with a keyboard is the reason I never bother with them.

Well according to the Steam description it has "full controller support". Can't imagine the Epic version would be different? I haven't installed it yet, so don't know for sure...

I've got my XBOX 360 USB (Games for Windows) controller at the ready just in case! ;)

Edited by abacab

26 minutes ago, abacab said:

Well according to the Steam description it has "full controller support". Can't imagine the Epic version would be different? I haven't installed it yet, so don't know for sure...

I've got my XBOX 360 USB (Games for Windows) controller at the ready just in case! ;)

In the PC gaming world using a controller on a game is not macho.  Racing games and sports games are boring on PC anyway.

23 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

In the PC gaming world using a controller on a game is not macho.  Racing games and sports games are boring on PC anyway.

I'm not a macho PC gamer. 🙄

But I do enjoy playing games on the PC with a Nvidia GPU in my living room, while sitting about 8 feet away from my flat screen TV that is connected via HDMI.

A wireless keyboard/mouse is fine on the coffee table for setting things up and launching a game, but it's more relaxing to kick back on the sofa with a game controller, a la game console style.  😎

For keyboard/mouse gaming I selectively might allow a game or two to run on my DAW PC at my desktop workstation. But the controller works there as well, and sometimes I am just lazy... 🤣

Edited by abacab

32 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm not a macho PC gamer. 🙄

But I do enjoy playing games on the PC with a Nvidia GPU in my living room, while sitting about 8 feet away from my flat screen TV that is connected via HDMI.

A wireless keyboard/mouse is fine on the coffee table for setting things up and launching a game, but it's more relaxing to kick back on the sofa with a game controller, a la game console style.  😎

For keyboard/mouse gaming I selectively might allow a game or two to run on my DAW PC at my desktop workstation. But the controller works there as well, and sometimes I am just lazy... 🤣

Me neither.  I'm too lazy to look for a controller.   I start to treat free games like plugins.  I don't bother with many of them.    I don't buy new games anymore because of the requirements  like disk space.  I'm playing some of the games that came out during the XP/W7 era.   I might even install those old Command and Conquer games.  

4 hours ago, Kal Elle said:

Am I weird? I remember playing Need for Speed on a PC using a keyboard, a lot... and I LOVED IT. 🥰

No, you're not. @kitekrazy is just trying to talk himself out of hoarding more stuff, like he has been doing in every plugin and VI thread lately. :)

Am I weird if seeing the photographer in product photos somehow breaks the immersion for me? Like somehow this:

controller-photographer-op.jpg.958e665e3e0ea6c7f7b59cbb65997fa4.jpg

equals to Admiral Jeff Blue-Jeans:

admilar-jeff-blue-jeans.thumb.jpg.b85652d33b38a9d48198e89eb0217de9.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Depends on who you ask. Some say the only way to play a racing game is using a racing wheel controller.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, abacab said:

Xbox 360 Wired Controller, Etpark USB Gamepad, Joypad with Shoulders Buttons, for Microsoft Xbox 360/Xbox 360 Slim/PC Windows 7 8 10 Game (White) $16.59.

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Etpark-Gamepad-Shoulders-Microsoft/dp/B07X6FMNSV/ref=sr_1_7?th=1

image.thumb.png.2926756fe9dd517c1611df4674d968cc.png

@abacab Do you own this model? It's cheap. I was thinking of buying it for my son (with my tendonitis, I can't play video games, Words with Friends -- yep, a nerd game -- is about the best I can; but I do appreciate everyone posting these deals, as I pick them up for my son, who is a gamer with Windows 10 and XBox). 

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@abacab Do you own this model? It's cheap. I was thinking of buying it for my son (with my tendonitis, I can't play video games, Words with Friends -- yep, a nerd game -- is about the best I can; but I do appreciate everyone posting these deals, as I pick them up for my son, who is a gamer with Windows 10 and XBox). 

I bought a model fitting this exact description in official Microsoft packaging from Best Buy about 10 years ago for a bit more. It still works, it's corded not wireless and plugs into a Windows PC via USB. Batteries not required! I believe these are out of production at Microsoft.

This white unit from Amazon appears to be exactly the same as mine, but  quite certain that it's a knockoff. Manufactured by Etpark. The price looks good though and has 4.2 out of 5 stars rating on the Amazon reviews! ;)

• Thanks 1