Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas day 11

Nick Blanc

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

One of my favourites but looks like it's not Kontakt 7 Player compatible 😪

It's not written very clearly. The first mention states it's  for KONTAKT 7,  but when you scroll down on the landing page for the Hurdy Gurdy, it states that it's  "FOR NATIVE INSTRUMENT Kontakt player 7." So I'm guessing it works in the free KONTAKT Player. 

I think it's a really nice freebie. I love the sound of Hurdy Gurdies. I'm on my phone right now, but I'll update this after trying it out to confirm that it's compatible with the free player-- unless someone else can confirm that first. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

It's not written very clearly, the first mention states it's  for KONTAKT 7,  but when you scroll down on the landing page for the Hurdy Gurdy, it states that it's  "FOR NATIVE INSTRUMENT Kontakt player 7." So I'm guessing it works in the free KONTAKT Player. 

I think it's a really nice freebie. I love the sound of Hurdy Gurdies. I'm on my phone right now, but I'll update this after trying it out to confirm that it's compatible with the free player-- unless someone else can confirm that first. 

I got a serial in the confirmation mail. So I guess it's for the player.

• Like 1

I think this is the best Sonokinetic 12 Days of Christmas sale ever.  There have been four freebies this year: Vivace,  EMP, Sleigh Bells, and Hurdy Gurdy.  I already got EMP as a freebie in a previous 12 Days, and I actually paid for Sleigh Bells once!  Now I have three copies of those bells. 

As time goes by, I've picked up Sonokinetic stuff in their sales... there's less and less to buy!

• Like 5

It's hard to tell whether or not all these instruments will be free forever.  They--including Vivace--are listed as such on the Sono home page.    I forgot to mention Carousel. 

The other thing is that all the instruments have been optimized for Kontakt Player 7, as per the manuals.    Quite a good deal for people looking to upgrade to full Kontakt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

One of my favourites but looks like it's not Kontakt 7 Player compatible 😪

@JoeGBradford I've downloaded and installed the Hurdy Gurdy library. Some quick observations:

- I can confirm that the library works with the FREE KONTAKT 7 Player.
- The library of the Hurdy Gurdy musical instrument is only one patch that is one octave, from Bb to B. There are clicks and various noises of the instruments in other octaves but no additional melodic tones. 
- I don't know why, I suppose that it's by design, but you have to very deliberately completely release one key before hitting a second key. otherwise the second key won't make a sound.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 1