Sonible pure:limit €35 Intro / €25 Loyalty Offer

pseudopop

Regular price €49. Prices may be lower if you don't need to pay VAT.

https://www.sonible.com/purelimit/

From Sonible's FAQ:

What’s the difference between smart:limit and pure:limit?

Both plug-ins are based on the same core technology, but they are designed for different users and use cases. While smart:limit provides all the parameters you’d expect from a professional limiter plug-in (and more!), pure:limit is targeted at users who don’t have the time or nerves to tweak a lot of parameters.

There are hundreds of ways of finding the right level and dynamics for a mix. Some of them work – a lot of them don’t. Experienced professionals often excel in tweaking limiters and other tools to tame peaks and balance out the dynamics of a mix, whereas users less interested (or experienced) in the nitty-gritty-details of limiting often shy away from giving their tracks this very important final polish. Therefore, pure:limit is a tool that brings two worlds together: under the hood, the plug-in is driven by sonible’s award winning limiting algorithms and AI processing designed to deliver professional grade results, but on the outside, the tool comes with a very approachable and simple user interface.

Now the question is: if I plan to get smart:limit, do I still need this?

Edited by pseudopop
Replaced the description with a quote from the FAQ

2 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Regular price €49. Prices may be lower if you don't need to pay VAT.

https://www.sonible.com/purelimit/

Now the question is: if I plan to get smart:limit, do I still need this?

I'd skip it I'd say if you're going to get Smart Limit as well personally.

it might be quick to dial in and less of a hit on the CPU potentially, but for that style of limiter I'd only be using them on the stereo buss when mastering, so I can't see much benefit for having both and would rather full control and options in that stage.

I'd actually agree with Simon that it should probably be free for owners of Smart:limit too.

24 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I'd skip it I'd say if you're going to get Smart Limit as well personally.

it might be quick to dial in and less of a hit on the CPU potentially, but for that style of limiter I'd only be using them on the stereo buss when mastering, so I can't see much benefit for having both and would rather full control and options in that stage.

I'd actually agree with Simon that it should probably be free for owners of Smart:limit too.

I don't know. Smart:Limit can be taxing on the CPU and is not really meant to be used on every track/bus. It is more tailored for the master. Pure:Limit seems like a lightweight unit which can be used for individual tracks and busses. But I have to check the reviews first. Their marketing text really tries to avoid the word 'mastering'.

Think of the loudness tutorials from Baphometrix (clip to zero). I have Tracklimit from DMG Audio specifically for that purpose (maximizing every individual tonal track). So if this is the Sonible counterpart of that, I'm very interested. It would make the loudness process much easier.

Oooorrrrr, they could just try to cash in on their algorythm with releasing a cheaper and cut down version of the same.

1 minute ago, Nick Blanc said:

I don't know. Smart:Limit can be taxing on the CPU and is not really meant to be used on every track/bus. It is more tailored for the master. Pure:Limit seems like a lightweight unit which can be used for individual tracks and busses. But I have to check the reviews first. Their marketing text really tries to avoid the word 'mastering'.

Think of the loudness tutorials from Baphometrix (clip to zero). I have Tracklimit from DMG Audio specifically for that purpose (maximizing every individual tonal track). So if this is the Sonible counterpart of that, I'm very interested. It would make the loudness process much easier.

Oooorrrrr, they could just try to cash in on their algorythm with releasing a cheaper and cut down version of the same.

I have a feeling it could be the latter! Haha.. But I do think it's probably quite decent. But Tracklimit from DMG is my go to for those sort of duties normally too and I'd rather the full Smart:Limit instead, so I think my money is safe.. for now!

6 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I have a feeling it could be the latter! Haha.. But I do think it's probably quite decent. But Tracklimit from DMG is my go to for those sort of duties normally too and I'd rather the full Smart:Limit instead, so I think my money is safe.. for now!

If this does the same as Tracklimit, but automatically and with the option of choosing different profiles / styles if I choose to, it will be a serious contender.

2 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

If this does the same as Tracklimit, but automatically and with the option of choosing different profiles / styles if I choose to, it will be a serious contender.

I would not at all be surprised if it did. I would be surprised if the CPU wasn't a lot more than Tracklimit though which is probably the only concern.

Tracklimit is normally pretty quick to dial in as well, but I can see how this would still be a time saver. Be good to hear what you think in comparison if you give it a demo 🙂

3 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I would not at all be surprised if it did. I would be surprised if the CPU wasn't a lot more than Tracklimit though which is probably the only concern.

Tracklimit is normally pretty quick to dial in as well, but I can see how this would still be a time saver. Be good to hear what you think in comparison if you give it a demo 🙂

I don't do demo's. I buy stuff I thereafter never use. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

I don't do demo's. I buy stuff I thereafter never use. 😞

Demos are for people who lack the confidence to make decisions on a whim. 😉

Here's a quote from Sonible's FAQ:

What’s the difference between smart:limit and pure:limit?

Both plug-ins are based on the same core technology, but they are designed for different users and use cases. While smart:limit provides all the parameters you’d expect from a professional limiter plug-in (and more!), pure:limit is targeted at users who don’t have the time or nerves to tweak a lot of parameters.

There are hundreds of ways of finding the right level and dynamics for a mix. Some of them work – a lot of them don’t. Experienced professionals often excel in tweaking limiters and other tools to tame peaks and balance out the dynamics of a mix, whereas users less interested (or experienced) in the nitty-gritty-details of limiting often shy away from giving their tracks this very important final polish. Therefore, pure:limit is a tool that brings two worlds together: under the hood, the plug-in is driven by sonible’s award winning limiting algorithms and AI processing designed to deliver professional grade results, but on the outside, the tool comes with a very approachable and simple user interface.

I hate to admit it but this might be a plugin for me. 😅

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I watched the demo from White Sea, it does some automatic things like Smartlimit. But it seems to give you just a starting point from where you have to tweak a lot. I don't see it adding something to DMG Tracklimit, apart from the starting point. No buy from me.

Considering that DMG Tracklimit costs (over) twice as much, would you say it's twice as good?

Edit: Interesting that they say that you specifically don't need to tweak a lot and your impression is the opposite. I need to watch some demos.

Edited by pseudopop

39 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Considering that DMG Tracklimit costs (over) twice as much, would you say it's twice as good?

Edit: Interesting that they say that you specifically don't need to tweak a lot and your impression is the opposite. I need to watch some demos.

Depends on your goal. I use Tracklimit on basically every track and bus with tonal sounds, it is very light and (can be) transparent and has more options. My first impression is that yes, it is better. 

My impression is that it gives you a nice starting point, but that is just it. After that you still have to do the fine-tune work. And pure:limit doesn't seem to offer a lot of options there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pseudopop said:

pure:limit is targeted at users who don’t have the time or nerves to tweak a lot of parameters.

I thought that what Smart:Limit was supposed to achieve.
1. Make it quick & Easy
2. then have controls to tweak is desired.

6 hours ago, simon said:

personally I think this should be a freebie for Smart:limit users  - not sure that asking us to pay for it is justified.

Agree 100%
Sounds like they just dumbed down the UI to create another product.
I.E. got rid of #2 mention above.

When SoundTheory's Gullfoss came up with different versions they just added them to the bundle.  Sonible should take note. 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

When SoundTheory's Gullfoss came up with different versions they just added them to the bundle.  Sonible should take note. 

Lots of companies even give away the 'lite' versions to everyone for free to entice you to upgrade to the 'full' version

On a positive note at least it saved me the the trouble of downloading and installing it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, They just emailed me my 50% off loyalty offer.
Slightly put off that with all of the Sonible stuff I've purchased that it's only now (2 weeks after they previously contacted me) that they consider me a loyal customer.
Still have 0% interest in paying for it.

Edited by TheSteven