Warm Audio Pre-Holiday Sale November 1st - 30th

jesse g

21 hours ago, mibby said:

I could swear in another thread you said your rack was "out of space"...  (?)

20 hours ago, jesse g said:

I did see him post that too mibby.  I think he needs to give that bus comp to me since he is out of rack space. 😄

That new bus comp is replacing my dbx 266xs compressor.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

Here's the problem with racks and rack equipment.

My desk has 2 14u racks (left and right side).

By the time I have 12 spaces used on the left then next higher units just partially cover up the screw holes and thus I cannot secure those devices even though the units 'fit" right up to the rails. I would have to drill slightly larger holes in the units (I'm not willing to do that, so velcro is used just to be safe).

By the time I have 13 spaces filled on the right, I cannot fit a 14th unit in there.

By the time I have 12 spaces used on the left then next higher units just partially cover up the screw holes and thus I cannot secure those devices even though the units 'fit" right up to the rails.

By the time I have 13 spaces filled on the right, I cannot fit a 14th unit in there. 

🥵

🥵

Edited by Bapu

2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Here's the problem with racks and rack equipment.

My desk has 2 14u racks (left and right side).

By the time I have 12 spaces used on the left then next higher units just partially cover up the screw holes and thus I cannot secure those devices even though the units 'fit" right up to the rails.

🥵

🥵

I know what you mean Bapu,

I had the same problem also.  I purchased a rack with rails that didn't have the rack space count on them and I couldn't every thing in the rack evenly.  I then build by own rack case and used the NavePoint 14U Vertical Rack Rail Pair  from Amazon an I was finally able to get everything in the rack.  Not sure if it as the Rails or me just being patient when I entered my gear, but it's all in now.

57 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I know what you mean Bapu,

I had the same problem also.  I purchased a rack with rails that didn't have the rack space count on them and I couldn't every thing in the rack evenly.  I then build by own rack case and used the NavePoint 14U Vertical Rack Rail Pair  from Amazon an I was finally able to get everything in the rack.  Not sure if it as the Rails or me just being patient when I entered my gear, but it's all in now.

My racks are part of the desk I purchased from Musician's Friend.
image.png.96fdbdd46dde3c20544e636823a356fb.png

19 hours ago, Bapu said:

My racks are part of the desk I purchased from Musician's Friend.

Yea, so was mine, that's why I build my own. I had the Studio RTA Project Station and side Car.
I got rid of the side car and build my own rack using pine wood.  I took the top off of the project station and just used the flat desk with Dual Monitors, a MCU Control surface, a Machine Mikro MK3 and an original Mackie Big Knob.

My Studio Rack > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iAcLu9LF0W88H5SZ_ny1JAYhzSk5z4hN/view?usp=share_link

image.png.6f41411af8154bdc9188c14df2e3f212.pngimage.png.c253f084bb92e78b9b49fba3f2818350.png

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

My right side rack,  My left side rack,  My "top of the desk" rack,  My cart.

Nice Gear Bapu.

That heritage Neve clone looks sweet and I want those Lindell compressors 👍.

I thought about getting 500 series rack gear,  but I don't think I am ready to take that step yet,  I need deeper pockets.  😁

Edited by jesse g

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

I thought about getting 500 series rack gear,  but I don't think I am ready to take that step yet,  I need deeper pockets.  😁

In one sense the 500 series modules can be cheaper because you are not paying for power stages for each unit. Downside is small knobs and even smaller words. 🙂