40% off new Overloud Rig Player Expansions by CHOPTONES

cclarry

Up to 40% off new Overloud Rig Player Expansions by CHOPTONES, starting at $19:
Extra discount with code GROUP

https://www.jrrshop.com/overloud?dir=desc&order=special_from_date

BRIT 1987 and Fried BE50D are TH-U expansion libraries, created by Choptones, that faithfully recreate the sound of the Marshall 1987X and Friedman BE50 Deluxe amplifiers, respectively. Choptones engineers captured a variety of tones using different cabs, mics, and stompboxes to give you over 300 (84 for the BRIT 1987 and 240 for the Fried BE50D) professionally crafted rigs.

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Larry, Mesh for the vid and Marc for the recommendation.

I couldn't decide between the packs so got both. Seems great value for around 32 GBP for both.

BTW TH-U seems to have been updated 1.0.13.

Edited by ZincT

9 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Would these work in TH3 (full)?

Wasn't sure whether to wait and upgrade later for TH-U and hopefully get this included or just get the packs now...  

Not sure Mesh but according to this page it is only supported by TH-U --> https://www.overloud.com/products/choptones-fried-be50d 

They are delivered as .riglib files, so does TH-3 support those?

When I tried to register BRIT 1987 it said the serial was in use by another account and I haven't received one yet for Fried BE50D.

So I have emailed JRR about this. Hopefully will hear back soon.

Thanks for the link ZT, I'll take a look.

Possibly JRR might have given out too many serials  and some may have been dups?

They're usually pretty good with customer service, so hope it gets resolved soon.

5 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Thanks for the link ZT, I'll take a look.

Possibly JRR might have given out too many serials  and some may have been dups?

They're usually pretty good with customer service, so hope it gets resolved soon.

Yeah, hopefully just a glitch, thanks Mesh.

Btw I just tried dropping one of the riglib files into TH-3 and it didn't allow it (gave a "circle cross" symbol for the mouse cursor indicating forbidden). 

4 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yeah, hopefully just a glitch, thanks Mesh.

Btw I just tried dropping one of the riglib files into TH-3 and it didn't allow it (gave a "circle cross" symbol for the mouse cursor indicating forbidden). 

See, they could've easily got more money from us TH3 users.....but nooooooo.  :D

Thanks for saving me the hassle.

• Great Idea 1

It's an evil ploy to get you to upgrade to TH-U, Mesh 😈

JRR got back to me quickly and have now sent working serials for both. Thanks Uncle E 👍🏻 

I can see what I will be doing this weekend :)

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

Hey, Mesh.  I went back and forth with whether to upgrade and i'm glad I did.  There seems to be more sonic glue in these profiles over and above what I get using stock presets and adding my own IRs which were very good to begin with.  Just an opinion, for sure.  I'm embarrassed at how many amp sims I've chased; variety is good, no question, but dam*.

ZincT, the real meat of the libraries is found not in the presets themselves but by clicking on the patch name in the amp (kemper?) head.  There's over 240 of them for the Friedman amp alone and can take some time to sift through.  Based on them changing amps, stomp boxes, cabs, etc. for each set up, there's a ton of variety for anyone.  My only gripe is that you can't change the settings on any of the outside hardware independently; mics and pedals come baked in to each rig.  Having said that, there are 240 setups....

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

ZincT, the real meat of the libraries is found not in the presets themselves but by clicking on the patch name in the amp (kemper?) head.  There's over 240 of them for the Friedman amp alone and can take some time to sift through.  Based on them changing amps, stomp boxes, cabs, etc. for each set up, there's a ton of variety for anyone.  My only gripe is that you can't change the settings on any of the outside hardware independently; mics and pedals come baked in to each rig.  Having said that, there are 240 setups....

Yup and even more as you can still turn off rig player internal mic/cabs simulation and use other cabinet sim or even external IR so it give about 'quintillion' possibilities...  I am real overwhelmed by all those choices 🙄

I cannot live with 1000s favorites 😲 I need to commit something to go further 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1