Lemonaid, AI music generator $69.99 (normally $140)

Spice3d

ah, the marketing... love the "AI" part.

"mu·si·cian"

noun

a person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented.

- Oxford Languages (Google)

someone who is skilled in playing music, usually as a job:

- Cambridge Dictionary

a person who composes, conducts, or performs music

- Wikipedia

1. a person who makes music a profession, especially as a performer of music.
2. any person, whether professional or not, skilled in music.

- Dictionary.com

putting the infinite monkey theorem within reach given the latest advances in "AI", data science and computing power despite the math behind it

having some interesting discussions lately wrt to DALL.E, etc., the potential/inevitable impact of "AI" on music and the definition of "art".

Got it.  

Cons:

No ability to choose the key of the song(?!), (???!!!!!).  

Cheaper options out there that offer better customization, though this promo seems to offer lifetime updates.  

Requires a wrapper for use in Pro Tools.

Gui doesn't resize (impossible to read text for me inside the wrapper).  

Pros: 

Actually comes up with some decent stuff very quickly.  

Good for beginners that know dickall about music, or maybe a seasoned musician dealing with writer's block or just wanting to peek over the piss guard to come up with a load of different ideas very quickly.  

Wrap up:  if this was the first of its kind, we'd be into it.  I'd recommend Captain Chords over this.   

5 hours ago, jackson white said:

ah, the marketing... love the "AI" part.

"mu·si·cian"

noun

a person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented.

- Oxford Languages (Google)

someone who is skilled in playing music, usually as a job:

- Cambridge Dictionary

a person who composes, conducts, or performs music

- Wikipedia

1. a person who makes music a profession, especially as a performer of music.
2. any person, whether professional or not, skilled in music.

- Dictionary.com

putting the infinite monkey theorem within reach given the latest advances in "AI", data science and computing power despite the math behind it

having some interesting discussions lately wrt to DALL.E, etc., the potential/inevitable impact of "AI" on music and the definition of "art".

Not sure I get your point. Can you expand?

8 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Not sure I get your point. Can you expand?

em... more of an observation than a point. the ongoing discussion (elsewhere) has been primarily wrt to the visual arts but can be (is) equally relevant to the audio arts. it's hardly new with quite a few rabbit holes to go down, but the lines between AI / artist are becoming less clear and the question (for some of us) is the potential impact on the "value" or "meaning" of "art".

ya, not exactly a deal (same as quite a few other posts here 🙂) just happened to be on my radar this week.

seems to be generating just trap melodies from what i can see at all youtube videos

as cloud based, what happens if company will close servers and go bust...it will stop working as paid product,,,similar to  free Splash Pro which does not work anymore

bit fishy...

18 hours ago, jackson white said:

em... more of an observation than a point. the ongoing discussion (elsewhere) has been primarily wrt to the visual arts but can be (is) equally relevant to the audio arts. it's hardly new with quite a few rabbit holes to go down, but the lines between AI / artist are becoming less clear and the question (for some of us) is the potential impact on the "value" or "meaning" of "art".

ya, not exactly a deal (same as quite a few other posts here 🙂) just happened to be on my radar this week.

Okay. I couldn't tell (still can't) if you were for or against generative tools like this. It is interesting to note that lemonaid.ai explicitly states:

Our tool is intentionally built to only output "starting seed" ideas, but by no means do we currently, or ever plan to create production ready tracks through the use of algorithms.

Music was made to be created by humans, and we think A.I. should only be used to help co-create in collaboration, never to replace us.

@Doug Rintoul

not "for or against" any tool, that would be ridiculous and understood the intent to be self evident given the 'aid' in Lemonaid. the comment was wrt the AI part and speculating on the relationship between "creativity", "craft" and "art".

musicianship has traditionally been associated with some specialized -skill- to create music (re the dictionary definitions). that may be changing with an emerging class of AI based tools. nothing wrong with that. but is it 'art'?

AI is essentially an algorithm possibly derived from a seed set of relevant data with a bias towards a preferred result. It certainly makes it easier to get "better" results with minimal effort. but is it 'art'?

the only aspect I might have an issue with is the marketing for this class of tools  which come across as dismissing the need for "theory" "craft" "knowledge" "effort" "work", etc (ya, those YT ads). the vast majority of results reflect that imho and strike me as diminishing the richness of the collective musical legacy.

yet less ye despair in the face of the impending singularity (re Ray Kurzweil ), we may take comfort in just how often humanity has managed to confound the experts.
after all, Esperanza Spalding managed to beat out Justin Bieber, Drake, et al. for Best New Artist of the Year (2011 Grammys).
so many rabbit holes, and so OT. pretentious discussions such as these are better had in drinking establishments with a firm closing time... see ya there.