Demos vs purchased

Xoo

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone else find that they download a demo of a plugin/instrument, play with it for a bit and like it, so decide to buy it, then find that the purchased version just doesn't seem to sound so good?

12 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone else find that they download a demo of a plugin/instrument, play with it for a bit and like it, so decide to buy it, then find that the purchased version just doesn't seem to sound so good?

I've never had that issue.

Is this in general, or can you name a plugin where this has happened for you?

I've had the issue where I've used the freebie demo of a product (Steven Slate Drums), and then bought the full version of same - which removed the demo (they can't coexist on the same machine) and broke the projects I used it on.

But that's another matter entirely.

• Sad 1

Acustica Audio plugins are a prime example of just that. The demos & purchase versions can vary.  They also usually don't provide all sample rates for their demos which could affect the sound.

I've actually had it happen to myself a few times, where I prefer the demo over the purchased. Others have posted the same on forums over the years.

Edited by HSM

2 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

No. That's what full demos are for. I could see a possible issue maybe if it's a demo involving a large sample library, and all the demo includes is a teaser.

And that's the main reason I have never bought Omnisphere. No demo. :)