Reason - Introducing brand new Chord Sequencer—the fastest path to new chords

cclarry

REASON STUDIOS

Chord Sequencer

Chord Sequencer, the latest Player device from Reason Studios, is the fastest way to new chords for new exciting music.

Whether you’re already a skilled player but stuck in your chordal ways or still learning how to master the keys—the magic of Chord Sequencer is how it helps you try things your fingers may not naturally gravitate towards.

We want you to be the first to try it, so get it with this intro offer for a limited time*!

Chord Sequencer

$69.00 $49.00

*The campaign is valid until midnight 13/07/2022 CET 

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-extension/chord-sequencer/

I really don't want to be snarky about this.  After all, I just upgraded to Reason 12.

But I can just see the meeting.  What if we made a limited edition version of Scaler 2? Something that did a small fraction of what it does?  Only not as well?

And then let's charge more!  (List price of $69 vs $49 for Scaler 2)

It honestly makes me sad. This is the kind of thing that if Reason had come out with years ago as part of one of their upgrades that truly would have been amazing.  But they seem to live in a parallel universe where nobody knows about what other products exist on the market. 

On the other hand, Audiomodern's Chordjam is a product that makes total sense to me, because it does things that Scaler doesn't do. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Are "new chords" even possible? I think I've played every chord imaginable, even if many of them were by accident.

These are guaranteed spanking new chords that have never been used by people who limit themselves to major and minor.

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I really don't want to be snarky about this.  After all, I just upgraded to Reason 12.

But I can just see the meeting.  What if we made a limited edition version of Scaler 2? Something that did a small fraction of what it does?  Only not as well?

And then let's charge more!  (List price of $69 vs $49 for Scaler 2)

It honestly makes me sad. This is the kind of thing that if Reason had come out with years ago as part of one of their upgrades that truly would have been amazing.  But they seem to live in a parallel universe where nobody knows about what other products exist on the market. 

On the other hand, Audiomodern's Chordjam is a product that makes total sense to me, because it does things that Scaler doesn't do. 

Don't let the fanboyz hear that.  They seem to be more interesting in making addons instead of working on their outdated DAW.

I'd probably spring for this but $49 is a LOT of money right now.

I do believe some DAWs have this function.

I can't believe I am going to defend Reason, but I like their new Chord Sequencer.  I have a TON of MIDI utils including Scaler (which is the best chord tool).  I also don't use Reason as a DAW all that much, but I am actually dipping into the DAW side more lately.  Based on stuff like this, the Bass line generator, Friktion, and other recent releases, I sprang for the Reason+ sub for $99 when they did a Christmas sale.  IF they keep up the new toys coming, and keep offering the sub at $99, I can see sticking with it.  I still have my v 11 suite to fall back on, with 95% of the tools.  True- That % continues to fall as they pursue the subscription model.

Based on my hands-on and reading/watching YT=  CS is quick and easy, provides full interesting chords with inversions and extensions "baked in".  Definitely not up to even half of what Scaler can do, but it is fast and easy to get working progressions.  The bar view at the bottom is also pretty cool, and unique, as far as quickly building rhythmic multi-bar song parts.  I think for people who only live in the Reason DAW, this is a must have.  Rack only users- maybe not.