Kush AR1

cclarry

Thks Larry , here's the details :

1) Intro and plugin tour 

2) On deep house use (@ 3 min)

3)Versus PA Townhouse and DDMF Magic death eye (@ 21 min)

4) use on 808 beat (@ 26 min 35 sec )

5) Tone control  (@ 30 min)

6) Drive without compression (@35 min ) 

6) Conclusion ! (@ 39 min 30 sec)

thks for watching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

This is great news there is more and more excellent compressors :) This is bad news there is more and more excellent compressors :(

😅 so true i wish we had them from start it would have made me purchase way less stuff ...at the same time not sure if the old me would have spotted the subtilities bewteen those back then !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

😅 so true i wish we had them from start it would have made me purchase way less stuff ...at the same time not sure if the old me would have spotted the subtilities bewteen those back then !!

Anyway, we must buy those great plugins to let developers make ever better things :) Otherwise they would have no motivation and money to do it :)

Edited by Piotr

First off, I need another "vintage" compressor like a hole in my head. That's what I was thinking when I demoed this. But holy crap! I tried this one out on a drum buss and it is a balls to the walls @ss kicking character compressor.  I am seriously considering RE-considering my anti-iLok and anti-subscription position and subscribing to Kush.   It's up there with the VSC-2 as far as ease of use and dialing in a good sound. Love it!

6 minutes ago, mibby said:

First off, I need another "vintage" compressor like a hole in my head. That's what I was thinking when I demoed this. But holy crap! I tried this one out on a drum buss and it is a balls to the walls @ss kicking character compressor.  I am seriously considering RE-considering my anti-iLok and anti-subscription position and subscribing to Kush.   It's up there with the VSC-2 as far as ease of use and dialing in a good sound. Love it!

Anti-ilok approach is inefficient ;) Try to buy everything from Kush or Slate ;)

8 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Anti-ilok approach is inefficient ;) Try to buy everything from Kush or Slate ;)

Yeah, I know, but I still can't get past the fact that I, the customer, am paying a 3rd party company to "protect" the software that I, the consumer, am buying from a developer...  The iLok dongle kept me away from Slate early on, but I have managed so far with the dongle-less Pace Authorization Software with SoundToys, selected Kush, Eventide, and SoftTube.

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Yeah, I know, but I still can't get past the fact that I, the customer, am paying a 3rd party company to "protect" the software that I, the consumer, am buying from a developer...  The iLok dongle kept me away from Slate early on, but I have managed so far with the dongle-less Pace Authorization Software with SoundToys, selected Kush, Eventide, and SoftTube.

So if you are using dongle-less ilok already you are 'converted' anyway ;)

I started with Slate subscription with their promo adding free ilok dongle. This is my third year.

So far no issue with it. Well, maybe there is one issue I often move to other location and from time to time I forget to pack my ilok dongle :)

But the same thing with moving Waves licenses to cloud etc...  Problem is with my memory, not technology :)

Dongle has some nice advantages. No need for Internet connection working. Even 1 license is enough  when moving to different computer. 

Of course I am not trying to convince you. It is part anyone need decide by himself anyway. What are advantages, what are disadvantages for specific for a person use.

But true. It would be nice to have software we bought without special security enhancements. Some code is working in background when we are recording, who knows maybe in worst case scenario (low memory, heavy load ) it is affecting latency much more than promised...

2 hours ago, Piotr said:

I started with Slate subscription with their promo adding free ilok dongle.

Smart move by Slate.  I could get onboard with an offer like that - if I could just get over my issue with subscriptions.  :)