Awakening My Soul

whoisp

your stuff always has that great professionally recorded, played and mix feel and this one is no exception....I don't comment on your songs as they are not in my wheelhouse but this one i really like....my only nitpick is I'd work on getting that arrival of the electric guitar part done with less bombast but more emotional flash, like a Jeff Beck solo ( listen to Stanley Clarke's song "Journey to Love" and  check out Beck's lead guitar work on that)....🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

Enjoyed!

t

left my “like” and comments over at YT. 
it’s not “tough” to do boys!

ever get the impression that this is a “theme” for me? Like, comment, share; help another artist out

wtf? our silence is deafening…

i’ll climb down off my soapbox now

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 7:26 PM, Larry T. said:

your stuff always has that great professionally recorded, played and mix feel and this one is no exception....I don't comment on your songs as they are not in my wheelhouse but this one i really like....my only nitpick is I'd work on getting that arrival of the electric guitar part done with less bombast but more emotional flash, like a Jeff Beck solo ( listen to Stanley Clarke's song "Journey to Love" and  check out Beck's lead guitar work on that)....🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanx a lot Larry for the comment.  Iv'e pretty much got mixing and mastering to a good level. I did work for ITV master control room doing pre-post sound production, so i have a good understanding.

Yes, music is a personal preference, i try to do my own thing, sometimes I'm in a  bombast mood and sometimes emotional feel, its all a learning experience.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Enjoyed!

t

left my “like” and comments over at YT. 
it’s not “tough” to do boys!

ever get the impression that this is a “theme” for me? Like, comment, share; help another artist out

wtf? our silence is deafening…

i’ll climb down off my soapbox now

haha Cheers, my YouTube get very little views but oddly a couple of songs had a few, the songs i don't like haha I spend much more time doing music than video and i don't do lives etc.

I think you need to do live videos and chats like Mike at Creative Sauce to build a following.  Maybe i should do some general music videos on production tips on my soapbox but id end up doing less music...  Iv'e got to sort a email list out for when i release a song on Youtube but the mail list platforms charge silly money these days. 

i did a real old song called "silence is deafening" or it was the chorus i cant remember.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

Enjoying the drums especially.   Totally different kind of beat.  But the entire song and production are top drawer.

😃John B.

I always spend quite a bit of time on programming beats, updating with improvements when I'm mixing and getting the right sound design. I normally separate my drums with,  tops (hi hat, crash & ride  etc) so i can EQ, then mids (snare toms etc) track for fills and kick the same with EQ compression etc but i will have 2 or 3 separate drum fx tracks running parallel for ambience, noise, impacts etc and any other samples as might run a sub with kick or industrial thud. 

On 6/27/2022 at 4:22 AM, bdickens said:

Awesome! I really like it when the guitar comes in. And, as noted before the drums are really rhythmically interesting.

Cheers B, im getting into my pushing drum beats and bass at the moment, working on another one, they great for me to review when im out on mountain bike, if they keep me going up the hills i know they ok haha