Synapse Audio Spring Sale

cclarry

18 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I would recommend EZDrummer 3....but that's just me

Right! That's where I'm leaning. Been waiting for that large EZD GUI for a while. And already have the Arturia Mini V, so don't really need another Moog Mini clone. But it sounds so goooooood! :)

• Like 1

@abacabI have the Mini V too, but there's no preset that nails a Stevie Wonder funky model D bass or the Parliament "Flashlight" which Minimonsta has a demo on their site that comes incredibly close to Stevie's bass. I'm sure someone who makes their own patches can probably come close with the Mini V, but it's beyond my skillset and Minimonsta is $29.99 at ADSR plus you get the free EQ plugin some folks here have posted about. Just an FYI for you and anyone else looking at Model D clones.  

The demo called "Bass Funk" has that Wonder bass sound I love. 

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/minimonsta/

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

@abacabI have the Mini V too, but there's no preset that nails a Stevie Wonder funky model D bass or the Parliament "Flashlight" which Minimonsta has a demo on their site that comes incredibly close to Stevie's bass. I'm sure someone who makes their own patches can probably come close with the Mini V, but it's beyond my skillset and Minimonsta is $29.99 at ADSR plus you get the free EQ plugin some folks here have posted about. Just an FYI for you and anyone else looking at Model D clones.  

The demo called "Bass Funk" has that Wonder bass sound I love. 

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/minimonsta/

If you watch the video I posted above, the Minimonsta fell short in the comparison. The Legend was near the top... and Arturia was somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Cheers!

25 minutes ago, abacab said:

If you watch the video I posted above, the Minimonsta fell short in the comparison. The Legend was near the top... and Arturia was somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Cheers!

By coincidence I  watched that same video earlier today -- it's a great comparison video. I'm really after that funk bass patch, which sounds great in the demo and for $29.99, nothing else is close to the price and in the comparison, he doesn't play any patches that sound like the funk bass one, so I'm 90% certain I'm getting the Minimonsta after downloading the demo last night. I love that funky bass. I already have Mini V and Monark but have no idea how to make a patch like that. So yeah,  30 bucks for one patch! 

Edited by PavlovsCat

What really matters in the end is what sounds good to our ears, and meets our needs which are all different. And inspires us!

No software emulation is likely to match the original hardware. Even two analog units are unlikely to match each other!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walter Cruz said:

For your guys obsessed with Obsession, there's a easter sale on the Reason Rack Extension.. And the crossgrade to VST is free, just send an e-mail to synapse audio support!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-extension/obsession/

Usually the crossgrade is half off.  I was surprised since I have The Legend. They changed this.

Edited by Paul Young