Selection Glitch?

DallasSteve

I just updated my version of Cakewalk this week.  I notice what I think is an error in the selection range.  In the image below I show that the first note is cut off in the selection range and the note from the start of the next bar is included.  I'm 99% sure it didn't do that before.  Do others see this behavior or is there a problem in my installation?  I've tried contacting Cakewalk support about a problem in my installation this week and they've stopped responding to me.  I haven't been nasty to them, but I am disappointed with their lack of response.

Cakewalk1.jpg

3:01 is the very first tick of  measure 3.  It is the 1 of 1, 2 ,3,4.  The downbeat.

That's how M:B:T  works. Measure, Beat, Ticks

You are thinking of H:M:S:F   Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Frames  where 3:00 is the start of the 3rd minute. 

Edited by John Vere

1 hour ago, DallasSteve said:

the first note is cut off in the selection range and the note from the start of the next bar is included.

Most likely the selected notes actual start times are one or more ticks left of the grid. 

Try lasso selecting the notes (Right click and drag). The actual selection range will then show in the module.

I dug into the Events view and I see that the notes are all :959, one tick before the beat.  I created those notes in Piano Roll View.  I didn't intentionally shift them one tick earlier.  I haven't changed my method of operating.  Can you suggest why the events got drawn this way?  Does it have something to do with the 2 Ticks setting near the top?  I didn't do anything to that and I don't know if that's the default.

Cakewalk1.jpg

16 minutes ago, DallasSteve said:

Does it have something to do with the 2 Ticks setting near the top?

That's a little strange because the only way you get a duration that small by having Last Touched set in which case it would only stay that small until you drew a longer note.

In any case, the draw duration shouldn't have any bearing on where the start times snap. I would have to go with Mark's suggestion that you inadvertently nudged the whole clip at some point.

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Am I misreading your event list? I am seeing duplicated notes.  If I am reading that correctly, are the duplicated notes intentional?

I didn't see that.  It wasn't intentional,  Maybe it was a copy/paste error.  I'll clean that up.  Is there a CAL program or something that searches for duplicate notes?

Edited by DallasSteve