Evolution Color Series Cello & Violin

cclarry

I really like the way Evolution is pricing these things.  So cheap.  I got them in the $175 deal and they are all more than "worth" $99.

For me, their vocal library, Bronte, is one of my favorite purchases ever, a classic on the level of Bohemian Violin or Tina Guo Legato.  I've used it on three recent music videos since I got it in December. They would have sold tons of them at $99, but they sold it for $34.50,  keeping the prices in the vicinity of the Spitfire $29 libraries.

I believe the idea is for people to get any one of them as an impulse buy, and then buy more, as they all essentially work the same way.   Or... you could just download their free Clar-Duduk.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I really like the way Evolution is pricing these things.  So cheap.  I got them in the $175 deal and they are all more than "worth" $99.

For me, their vocal library, Bronte, is one of my favorite purchases ever, a classic on the level of Bohemian Violin or Tina Guo Legato.  I've used it on three recent music videos since I got it in December. They would have sold tons of them at $99, but they sold it for $34.50,  keeping the prices in the vicinity of the Spitfire $29 libraries.

I believe the idea is for people to get any one of them as an impulse buy, and then buy more, as they all essentially work the same way.   Or... you could just download their free Clar-Duduk.

@Reid Rosefelt.  I wasn't sure how detailed the library is.  I have 8Dio's Deep Cello and Intimate Strings and find they're just a huge dump of articulations without intuitive KONTAKT scripting. How intuitive would you say the scripting on this is? 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Reid Rosefelt.  I wasn't sure how detailed the library is.  I have 8Dio's Deep Cello and Intimate Strings and find they're just a huge dump of articulations without intuitive KONTAKT scripting. How intuitive would you say the scripting on this is? 

I have found the same thing. I've stopped collecting 8DIO. It am much more productive using other libraries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fret_man said:

I have found the same thing. I've stopped collecting 8DIO. It am much more productive using other libraries.

Yeah, years ago, I had a call with Troels, where he was looking for some branding and marketing advice,  and we really hit it off. I enjoyed talking to him and, I don't enjoy writing anything negative about any developer's products. I'm a paying customer and I was doing him a favor by giving him an hour of free consulting just because I  appreciate small sample developers and I always want to be sincere in stating my views as honestly as possible and, in that spirit...

I have found that 8Dio's string libraries are, across the board, little more than bloated, poorly scripted collections of large dumps of articulations with poor/minimal scripting. The only 8Dio  libraries I will consider buying anymore are libraries are cheap ones, like the ones from SoundPaint that don't require sophisticated scripting,  like say, a piano library. And the poor quality of 8Dio's scripting has been well known among musicians and sample developers-- and I heard that before some of the purchases I made and regret not listening to advice in that regard. A big reason why I share my insights on sample libraries with others on this forum and ask questions about developers and libraries I haven't purchased-- I really don't want to waste more money on libraries that don't feature intuitive scripting,. Around the holidays,  a musician friend of mine strongly recommended I stop buying 8Dio string libraries and try one of Fluffy Audio's string libraries instead, as they were on sale. I posted some questions here and Reid wrote some positive comments about Fluffy's string libraries.  So I bought their viola library  and love it. The scripting is intuitive-- it's a joy to play and makes me regret every 8Dio string purchase I've ever made. A nearly complete waste of money and I  hope sharing my insights might save others from making the same mistake. Something influencers shilling products with faux reviews don't do. So I feel it's important for us to do, share our honest experiences about libraries and plugins. 

Edited by PavlovsCat