Oumuamua Returning - WIP/suggestions please

Xoo

i've always enjoyed melodies on top of other melodies (polyphony I think it's called) and your piece does a great job of that....at this point in the mix you already have quite a bit of motifs to work with....if i was to add another motif since the tone is ominous i would try adding a motif that doesn't use the major scale 🎼🎻🎹🔊

At 0:11 there is this Tim Burton feel with the bells, but then I never hear it again. Perhaps play with that aspect more? And at 0:27 it has that feel of music from the Matrix films, perhaps pump that up more as well. I was wanting Tim Burton to enter the Matrix, but he never quite made it. :P Anyway, those were the two parts that stood out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank people for their feedback - I've added and tweaked quite a bit of it now.  I need to redo the guitar part(s) so that it's right now, but I've hurt my wrist, so playing at the moment for any period of time is painful.  Watch this, ahem, space 🙂

UPDATE: Thanks to the wonders of ibuprofen (other painkillers are available), I have an updated version - hope you like it (I'm not sure about the outro guitar part to be honest):

https://www.bandlab.com/xoospacemusic/oumuamua-returning-ab48d9d6?revId=b4a71e8b-bd99-ec11-a507-0050f280e91e

Edited by Kevin Perry