New! Oboe Concerto is now complete.

Jerry Gerber

6 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I enjoyed this, as a frequently do with your stuff @jsg, interesting use of an Arp can I inquire as to the synth it sounds like an as played pattern.

The synths used in the oboe concerto are Dune and Zebra, my two favorite all-time synths.   Thanks for commenting and listening Wookiee!

• Thanks 1

So Cool!!   Really love this.

When is the JSG World Tour?   Did you ever think about performing your compositions live?   With backing tracks, you could have a small string ensemble, 3+3+3+1 and a couple of winds.   (You'd have to find the world's greatest oboe player to do this piece.)  How cool would that be.

Best!   ...and good luck with the tour

1 minute ago, Jimbo 88 said:

So Cool!!   Really love this.

When is the JSG World Tour?   Did you ever think about performing your compositions live?   With backing tracks, you could have a small string ensemble, 3+3+3+1 and a couple of winds.   (You'd have to find the world's greatest oboe player to do this piece.)  How cool would that be.

Best!   ...and good luck with the tour

Ha ha!  People ask me all the time about performances but it's just not my thing.  I am a studio musician and composer and that's where I love spending my time and energy.  Performance is a hassle (even more complicated in COVID times) , I did it when I was younger but now I am completely content to compose and produce recordings of my pieces.   Thank you so much Jimbo88 for listening and commenting!  I am glad you enjoyed the piece..

Best,

Jerry