ALWAYS T2

Supa Reels

14 hours ago, KurtS said:

OMG, we used one of those 688's back in the 90's. All the punching in and out we ruined the heads and kind of barely salvaged a years worth of band recording.  I do think certain things sounded better recorded to tape, rhythm guitar sounds were great, vocals were better too. Don't remember mine being midi, just a cassette.

Yep it was midi capable in that the 8th track could be 'striped' with an MTC (Midi Time Code), now sadly defunked, which could be hooked up to drive a DAW's  time code from the external i/p.  If MTC could be reunited (There is something called a 'midizer which converts MTC but it's a rare and v expensive thing) with my DAW's there would be so much I could get down and revamp as so much has changed since my purchase😞. I could rant about this bit'o'kit but just stop here. thanks for the comment.

13 hours ago, garybrun said:

This was mine.. with mtc timecode unit to stripe the tape so I could sync up with midi and my Atari ST.  🙂

taper.jpg

Another great recorder, I think it was only a four track? But look what the Beatles did with bouncing tracks on a 4 track machine .... admittedly it was  a £30 gran dish Studer ...  but hey ho   image.png.6bc2c19239fd30f6f5a3d4a1d11f2630.png

Steve

Edited by SupaReels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Sprouse said:

Lyrics could stand on their own as a work of art.  The vocals are a little more passionate..on T2?  There's a cohesiveness to your songs that a lot of us lack here;  I mean, really up there with the best.

...As a words kinda guy, that is a great compliment, thankyou David .. means a lot! . .. now ......how can I get my head through the studio door   ...... ☺️

Another great song in a long list of great songs!  It filled my listening space with lush sounds, terrific lyrics, and your expressive voice.  The arrangement is impressive because it builds as it goes along pulling it with me.  I always find your work inspiring, and I will endeavor to bring my own songs up to your level.  thank, mate!

17 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Another great song in a long list of great songs!  It filled my listening space with lush sounds, terrific lyrics, and your expressive voice.  The arrangement is impressive because it builds as it goes along pulling it with me.  I always find your work inspiring, and I will endeavor to bring my own songs up to your level.  thank, mate!

Knock out comment .. Thanks Lynn, ( took a lot of points made here by my peers, so the end result wasn't with help 😉 )

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

I love this song. 'nuff said. Maybe the vocal could have a tad more air or upper eq?  I listened to your previous version and thought that vocal had a better sheen to it, actually. No, not what anyone wants to hear!!! It might be worth an A/B comparison but I'm sure you have already done that 1,000 times! Could be just me.

That piano add in the outtro is haunting. The rhythm builds as you go along, really pulls you in.

cheers,

-Tom

19 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I love this song. 'nuff said. Maybe the vocal could have a tad more air or upper eq?  I listened to your previous version and thought that vocal had a better sheen to it, actually. No, not what anyone wants to hear!!! It might be worth an A/B comparison but I'm sure you have already done that 1,000 times! Could be just me.

That piano add in the outtro is haunting. The rhythm builds as you go along, really pulls you in.

cheers,

-Tom

Yep you are correct I forgot to send the vox out on mixdown to the stereo m. O/put thereby leaving it on its own mix ... some of the mids to highs were affected, and as the mix wasn't for a customer I felt it would do .... so I did notice the A/B discrepancy you commented on  ... I have since slapped my wrist for being a lazy sod LOL

Thanks Tom for your time

Steve

3 hours ago, SupaReels said:

Yep you are correct I forgot to send the vox out on mixdown to the stereo m. O/put thereby leaving it on its own mix ... some of the mids to highs were affected, and as the mix wasn't for a customer I felt it would do .... so I did notice the A/B discrepancy you commented on  ... I have since slapped my wrist for being a lazy sod LOL

Thanks Tom for your time

Steve

Slap anything you want, it's a great song!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 2:41 PM, freddy j said:

Excellent lyrics (passion, compassion, introspective, etc.) and the feeling in your vocal most definitely delivered the message.  The musical arrangement, performance, and mix all sounded excellent.  This is an impressive piece of work!

Thanks for the listen and comments ... means so much coming from you, a real compliment 😁

Steve