A Break from the Madness

cclarry

58 minutes ago, cclarry said:

A good watch...if you like The Beatles...

I love The Beatles. I finished up the third part of the documentary on Sunday and caught the above video, I think, this morning, with breakfast. I'm a big Beatles fan and really enjoyed the documentary and seeing the Fab Four being friends and appreciating each other a lot more than we saw in "Let It Be." I think it went on way too long for non Beatles fans, but for us hardcore folks, I'd be happy to watch three more parts. What'd you think, @cclarry

I’ll definitely watch it. Like ‘em or not, their impact on the culture, on music and on recording has been immeasurable. I’ve gone through various times in my life where my musical taste was pretty different from what most people consider “Beatles music”. They were undoubtedly, though,  what got me hooked on music in the first place.  And their willingness to experiment beyond popular and successful  formulas has also left a lasting impression. It’s hard to believe, looking back on it, that they only made records for about 6 or 7 years.  I look forward to watching a few more hours of the magic.

Going through the gates of Hell a soul was greeted by an imp with a cigarette and a cup of coffee directing him to a pool of swill.

Walking around waist deep in waste, after a few puffs and a sip, he observed "this ain't so bad." 

Then came the command "alright the coffee break is over, back on your heads."

True story.

• Haha 1