Coming Soon from Fabfilter!

cclarry

Just now, PavlovsCat said:

I'll check that out. Back in the 00s I was a regular at KVR, but I really enjoy this forum a lot more because there's such a friendly vibe. Granted, I haven't spent much time at KVR in more than a decade, there was just too many trolls there. That said, I made a few real life friends there, all around the globe. I made one friend in Scotland who I hung out with when I was in Edinburgh on business and another I visited in New Zealand. So there's plenty of nice people there, it's just that it would go through periods where trolls took control. The Cakewalk forum, on the other hand, has always been a super friendly place, but I think I'm in the minority in that I actually still use Cakewalk software! I did buy Studio One back when Cakewalk looked like it was dead, but I never actually used Studio One. 

agree. This forum is much better. KVR full of idiots.  GS full of whiners.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I don't go into the "other" forums on KVR...only the "Buy & Sell" portion...
so don't have any of those problems, and never have because of that

This.  There's no way I could swing sale prices for some of the plugins I've amassed if they weren't on sale on KVR or VI Control.  You just have to put the blinders on and know what you're looking for.   Timing helps a ton, too.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

This.  There's no way I could swing sale prices for some of the plugins I've amassed if they weren't on sale on KVR or VI Control.  You just have to put the blinders on and know what you're looking for.   Timing helps a ton, too.

I've avoided buying in forums out of concerns of being ripped off. Do you have a strategy, like only buying from regulars who people can vouch for? I sold a couple of things on VI Control and the buyer made me prove I was legit -- he was as diligent as me! We ended up staying in touch. But I still would be concerned about KVR where a lot of people come and go. Vi less so, I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I usually check their posting history and the KVR Feedback thread to know if they’re legit. 

THIS!  

I've only had ONE incident in over 7 years on KVR...and that resolved in my favor...
even though the moron got me suspended from the Cakewalk Forum by coming
there and spouting lies!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cclarry said:

THIS!  

I've only had ONE incident in over 7 years on KVR...and that resolved in my favor...
even though the moron got me suspended from the Cakewalk Forum by coming
there and spouting lies!

I remember, Lars. You came out triumphant. 

11 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've avoided buying in forums out of concerns of being ripped off. Do you have a strategy, like only buying from regulars who people can vouch for? I sold a couple of things on VI Control and the buyer made me prove I was legit -- he was as diligent as me! We ended up staying in touch. But I still would be concerned about KVR where a lot of people come and go. Vi less so, I suppose. 

Yeah. That is a concern. So far I bought a couple from KVR members and have been fairly lucky. I avoid the constant bumps and there are a few other very fishy posters on there. I look at posting history and also feedback if possible. This its not a very reliable method. Of the few times I have done transactions that were successful, the dude didnt post any feedback.Just disappeared.