Slate Rent to Own SSD 5 or Trigger

cclarry

2 hours ago, bluzdog said:

I would much rather pay $120 up front and be able to use my Slate Trigger 2 expansion packs with SSD.

Yep. It would be very welcome feature. For me lack of compatibility between those two SS products are essentially deal break for SSD...

I wrote to them a year ago about it but well... maybe if hundreds people supported this they would not ignore it.

• Like 1

I'm interested in detecting and extracting the beats from recordings (not just from a drum track).  Would Trigger be able to do this?  Of course, if I bite, I'd wait until it gets down to $50.

Edited by ALC

2 hours ago, ALC said:

I'm interested in detecting and extracting the beats from recordings (not just from a drum track).  Would Trigger be able to do this?  Of course, if I bite, I'd wait until it gets down to $50.

Trigger is for drum replacement. So, for example, removing a snare and replacing it with a sample.

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Trigger is for drum replacement. So, for example, removing a snare and replacing it with a sample.

Right.  Just wondering how well it would do with a noisier input (like a completed mix) to extract kick and snare.  Or if there are other recommendations to do this.

On second thought, does it actually remove the snare?  I thought it just overlays it (or allows you to output to a new track).

Edited by ALC

3 hours ago, ALC said:

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Actually there is an option MIDI capture in SS Trigger so you could set params to get rid of noise and unwanted sounds and drag and drop into MIDI track.

The same is true for Addictive Trigger with even more control for MIDI to be exported.

Although for this purpose combos like gate-eq-melodyne (or something similar) would be better suited. 

• Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Piotr said:

Actually there is an option MIDI capture in SS Trigger so you could set params to get rid of noise and unwanted sounds and drag and drop into MIDI track.

The same is true for Addictive Trigger with even more control for MIDI to be exported.

Although for this purpose combos like gate-eq-melodyne (or something similar) would be better suited. 

Thanks.  Good to know.  That's exactly what I'm looking for ... audio to MIDI.

Tell me more about gate-eq-melodyne (I have Melodyne Assistant).  Is there a resource you can point me to?

48 minutes ago, ALC said:

Thanks.  Good to know.  That's exactly what I'm looking for ... audio to MIDI.

Tell me more about gate-eq-melodyne (I have Melodyne Assistant).  Is there a resource you can point me to?

The idea behind is pretty simple. If you tried to use melodyne straight away with noisy or complex material you would have hard days to fix what melodyne detected.

So with help of gate you can separate only meaningful things over a threshold and EQ helps also to remove some things before gate to help it work more like expected (you can focus at some freq only for specific instrument selection and minimize influence of the rest not to trick gate because for instance other instruments are also present at a moment).

Also gate will help to decrease lengths of notes which for percusion and drums VSTi in most cases should as short as possible. Otherwise you will have to again struggle with fixing manually with a mess.

• Thanks 1