Landr NOT A DEAL

X-53mph

Well. I listened few years ago to several test comparisons  where one version was mastered by a human and the other by LANDR. I could recognize the human one every single time and it wasn't difficult at all.

The main fault was obvious lack of finish in the lower end. Bass sound wasn't distinct enough from other instruments reaching to lower frequencies. Something  where human ear can clearly make a distinction, but not their algorithms.

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Then you have to compare them against other distribution services like CDBaby and others mentioned.

Yes, I have.... That is why I've written in the title REALLY NOT A DEAL.

Landr is now charging a fee for the year PLUS a fee per release (unless you pay the full 89/year) That's pretty poor considering they used to charge a flat rate per year.

22 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

How does it compare to others?

Well, disctrokid offers $19.99/yr unlimited songs or $35.99/yr to do all the things that landr do on their complete package, but without the extra costs per song/album release.

That means, if you sign up to disctrokid and release one ep, it's already cheaper than landr...and you can keep on releasing without paying more.

I also found landr's offer worded badly in the past. They used to say, 'you can release 10 songs per month' on a particular tier. What they didn't say was that once you release those 10 songs your limit is full, and if you want to release 10 more songs next month, you either have to pay more, or you have to take down the 10 songs you put up last month.... so what they really meant is. You've got a 10 songs limit. 😏

I want to add. I'm not with disctrokid yet, so I'm not promoting them over another. Just a comparison for you.

Edited by 53mph

3 minutes ago, 53mph said:

Well, disctrokid offers $19.99/yr unlimited songs or $35.99/yr to do all the things that landr do on their complete package, but without the extra costs per song/album release.

Keep in mind that DistroKid has extra costs not listed on their main plan section. Also, if you want to have more than 2 artists, DistroKid is more expensive, as LANDR has that feature on their mid plan while DistroKid requires you to go for the 5 artist label plan, which is only slightly cheaper at $79.99/yr than LANDR's top plan, which allows up to 7 artists.

For example, if you want your music to be in YouTube's ContentID library, you have to pay DistroKid a cost per single/year or album/year + 20% of the revenue you make. That's on top of your subscription. If that's a cover, that's $12/yr per song.

One thing I'm not liking about DistroKid is they seem to hide the full details of their plans and paid features on purpose. On LANDR, they're all in a single page with a features list. DistroKid's...Go to their webpage and see if you can find a link to their pricing. Their page looks almost like it's done to mislead you into signing, then you find the extra costs and stuff after you've pulled the plug. It's almost like they are the NordVPN of distribution services.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

One thing I'm not liking about DistroKid is they seem to hide the full details of their plans and paid features on purpose. On LANDR, they're all in a single page with a features list. DistroKid's...Go to their webpage and see if you can find a link to their pricing. Their page looks almost like it's done to mislead you into signing, then you find the extra costs and stuff after you've pulled the plug. It's almost like they are the NordVPN of distribution services.

That is very good to know.

I found Landr misleading too.