8DIO Soundpaint

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

I can't get this thing to load at all. Anyone else having this issue? I'm thinking it might be a CPU specific issue like Massive X or Modo Drum.  Not sure though.

The new version (v1.0.2)?  If so, it loads right up on my system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

Just tried the update.  No go here.  Stand alone or plugin.. Plugin doesn't even show up.

I'm not sure how to help other than to suggest posting your issue here https://vi-control.net/community/threads/soundpaint-new-free-library-coming-tomorrow-and-more.95667/ . Troels Folmann (from 8dio) or one of the many other users might have a solution for you.  Cheers...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

At least I know it's not just me.

It sees the Piano...but not Free Angels...and they BOTH are in the same directory,
as they should be, even after full rescan, or scan new, and
all the paths are set properly....

Edited by cclarry

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It sees the Piano...but not Free Angels...and they BOTH are in the same directory,
as they should be, even after full rescan, or scan new, and
all the paths are set properly....

Maybe the problem is an incomplete installation.  Do you have all 72 files shown below?

image.thumb.png.83f99e912c86909983c325e49fccc80a.png

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Mine shows the exact same size and files

The fact that Soundpaint can see some libraries but not others in the same main folder suggests this could be a permissions issue with the Free Angels subfolder.

Is "Read" and "Read & execute" allowed for that folder?

image.png.880836788dea636f12642c8e934f6226.png

21 minutes ago, cclarry said:

No go...no change...still can't see it

Check your "My Documents" folder. The 1928 Piano originally landed there for me, and until I deleted it, I was unable to re-download to my target folder. The downloader seemed to think it was already installed, but SoundPaint wasn't looking in My Documents when I did a scan. Just another thing to check... good luck!

8 minutes ago, abacab said:

Check your "My Documents" folder. The 1928 Piano originally landed there for me, and until I deleted it, I was unable to re-download to my target folder. The downloader seemed to think it was already installed, but SoundPaint wasn't looking in My Documents when I did a scan. Just another thing to check... good luck!

My directory is G:\Soundpaint...that's where the Steinway is and it's fine...but Free Angels is a no go

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

My directory is G:\Soundpaint...that's where the Steinway is and it's fine...but Free Angels is a no go

I was just suggesting that the installer has a mind of its own at times, and may have dropped the folder into either "My Documents" on the C drive, or elsewhere, regardless of what you instructed it to do. That way my experience, FWIW. And once that happens, there are 2 problems. First, the installer won't try again, as it thinks its job is done. And second, the SoundPaint scanner cannot find a folder that is not defined yet. even though it may be somewhere on your PC.

The support email is (and they seem quite responsive): support@soundpaint.com

• Thanks 1

I'm less of a fan of apps that don't allow you more control of distribution.  This is the problem with most romplers.  At least with Sampletank, Kontakt, I can archive the downloads which is handy for multiple machines.

I'm not fond of the bloatness in Soundpaint.  Angels is under 2gb for Kontakt.