Neil Young entire archive FREE

X-53mph

Sorry, I am Canadian, and I never was able to get into any of his records. I just don't dig any of it in any of the eras .. I tried the folk rock 70s stuff, the later phase, the Crazy Horse.. can't get into any of it. I just fail to see why he's so big. I am a huge Dylan fan (all his phases) and also big David Crosby fan. I guess different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/11/going-for-a-song-why-music-legends-are-lining-up-to-sell-their-rights

^^ I wonder if the Neil Young and co. are doing it to try to generate a higher sale in 2021/22? The free access  will most probably increase internet traffic to the site and they could use that to ask for more money claiming they are more popular than they have ever been. 🙂

Edited by telecode 101

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Sorry, I am Canadian, and I never was able to get into any of his records. I just don't dig any of it in any of the eras .. I tried the folk rock 70s stuff, the later phase, the Crazy Horse.. can't get into any of it. I just fail to see why he's so big. I am a huge Dylan fan (all his phases) and also big David Crosby fan. I guess different strokes for different folks.

He does tend to get preachy. And his guitar solo on Cinnamon Girl was voted the worst solo in Rock n Roll history. But his songs are good and accessible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fret_man said:

He does tend to get preachy. And his guitar solo on Cinnamon Girl was voted the worst solo in Rock n Roll history. But his songs are good and accessible.

As a guitar player.. I think his approach to lead playing is very cool and modern when compared to other late 60s/70s artists of his generation (apart from Jeff Beck I guess). I really liked the squealy Crazy Horse solo's stuff in the 90s.

I don't know. I guess the songs are good. I think the issue is his vocal delivery. It's an acquired taste. I am from that generation that were all sort of coming into adult hood  just pre the grunge era and  before his big re-emergence with  the This Notes for You and the Harvest  releases. In the 80s Neil Young was a bit of  a hippie has been and everyone made fun of him for sounding like a cat when singing.   @ 0:56 mins. 😞 

(excerpt from the the poor mans Canadian live aid contributions -- 🙂

I do admit , I kind of liked that Le Noise record. That was a pretty wild idea to release that in 2010s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Noise

Edited by telecode 101

On 12/12/2020 at 7:54 PM, TheSteven said:

Neil Young fan.  Can't find the free  options maybe they got overrun & pulled it.

The site is a mess to navigate, but it's in there. You can stream for free. Have a look at the news section and see if you can get to it from there.

Try downloading the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shakey.nyarchives

Edited by 53mph