Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

cclarry

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Dang, that's a good price for that drive! Deal ends in 2 days...

I'm using the 500GB version as my system drive. Muy bueno! 😁

Plus it looks like I can get 10% off of it too for a new sign up. Technically I guess I'm not a new buyer but with the new email address and I just moved to a new physical address I bet I qualify 🤘

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Plus it looks like I can get 10% off of it too for a new sign up. Technically I guess I'm not a new buyer but with the new email address and I just moved to a new physical address I bet I qualify 🤘

Now yer thinkin'!

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Dang, that's a good price for that drive! Deal ends in 2 days...

I'm using the 500GB version as my system drive. Muy bueno! 😁

Abacab.. not to take us off topic but just real quick since you're here..  how big of a system drive would you recommend for a Windows machine for a drive that only has Windows and your apps? I believe my system Drive is 500 gigs where all my other drives are 1tb drives.. do you think 1 terabyte drive would be overkill for a system drive? Anyone else feel free to answer that too

Edited by Christian Jones

11 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Abacab.. not to take us off topic but just real quick since you're here..  how big of a system drive would you recommend for a Windows machine for a drive that only has Windows and your apps? I believe my system Drive is 500 gigs where all my other drives are 1tb drives.. do you think 1 terabyte drive would be overkill for a system drive? Anyone else feel free to answer that too

Well I recently upgraded my system drive from a 250GB Samsung EVO 850 that I had been running for a few years. It was getting full so I replaced it with a 500GB Samsung EVO 860. It's my system drive, plus all my programs and plugins (except samples, sound libraries, etc). It's running at slightly over 50% use, so 500GB is probably a sweet spot for a system drive used in this way.

I bought a Samsung QVO 860 1TB ($110) for my data drive (samples, instrument libraries, loops, misc content), because it was cheaper that a 1TB EVO. This is plenty of space for now, and it's running about 75% full.

But the price for this 1TB EVO deal ($89) is nearly about what I paid for the 500GB EVO earlier this year ($78).

• Like 1

I bought it, this Samsung. Actually just about everybody is doing the 99.99 deal right now for this drive but probably none of them have a $10 off coupon.

I have 5 drives in my tower: two 1tb ssd drives - both for sample libraries; one 1tb ssd for audio files; one 500gb ssd for system, and then a WD 7200rpm spin drive for my mp3 music only. 

Now I can finally get rid of that spin drive and relegate the 500GB ssd system drive to an MP3 drive and make this new Samsung 1tb ssd the system drive. So I will finally have a full ssd setup = quiter, cooler, faster, and much less room being taken up. Word up

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

How did you get the coupon CJ?

When I go to newegg website a pop-up comes up offering a 10% off coupon code if you sign up to the mailing list.. it says it's for new members only so I just gave it an email address I haven't used w/ them before and they sent me a 10% off code

47 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I did that and never got a pop up....I wasn't going to buy because I just bought the WD one...but $10 off of something would
have been nice

It is a pop-up, and Firefox and Chrome both seem to block it here. I do have some ad and tracking protection enabled in those, so that may be part of the cause.

But I did get the pop-up with MS Edge. Using it plain vanilla without any ad or tracking protection, as it's not my default browser. Edge is a spam fest! 🤣

• Like 1