Corel Video Studio Ulitmate 2020

cclarry

This means the 2021 version is right around the corner. My current preference for video editors. I'll never touch another Cyberlink app again, ever. But pass on their offers for PaintShop Pro. The Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo pair are way better. And less expensive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I concur....Paintshop Pro is terrible....

I got PaintShop Pro 2020 Ultimate because it was cheap. It might have a few useful features and effects that could be useful. We'll see, but I'm leaning towards Larry's opinion.

My default  go-to photo editor for quick edits has been Photoshop Elements since version 2. So I would say that having a tool you are familiar with saves you time. Just like an old DAW that you know well. 😁

I have skipped many Elements update versions. I was stuck on version 10 since 2013 because it just worked so well. But I recently grabbed the 2020 version to catch up. No subscription required, but they do sell a new version every year. This last update cost me $65.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

I have X10...I should probably upgrade just to be current...but I'm using either HitFilm Pro or Vegas
now, so really not even using it...guess it's time to retire it until such time as I can no longer use
the big boys...

I slogged through Vegas earlier this year. As I'm not a full time video editor, I would prefer something a bit more intuitive. Have always been a still pic editor. 😁

• Like 1

The Vegas that I just mentioned was Vegas Pro 14, and I was able to get acceptable results from some HD video clips I shot on a compact Canon camera. Edited, then exported as MP4 and uploaded to share with friends. But it was time consuming.

I have since added Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum (a Humble deal I believe), but haven't really used it. It resembles Vegas Pro in many ways. But just a bit cut down.

Since I use Adobe Photoshop Elements and like that, I was considering Adobe Premiere Elements as a video companion. But it looks like the reviews favor Corel Video Studio Ultimate. It's probably worth $25 to find out. 🙄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, abacab said:

The Vegas that I just mentioned was Vegas Pro 14, and I was able to get acceptable results from some HD video clips I shot on a compact Canon camera. Edited, then exported as MP4 and uploaded to share with friends. But it was time consuming.

I have since added Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum (a Humble deal I believe), but haven't really used it. It resembles Vegas Pro in many ways. But just a bit cut down.

Since I use Adobe Photoshop Elements and like that, I was considering Adobe Premiere Elements as a video companion. But it looks like the reviews favor Corel Video Studio Ultimate. It's probably worth $25 to find out. 🙄

Seems like a great price for this; good spot Larry 👍 

For video I moved away from Vegas at v15 (too many problems for me) and have settled on DaVinci Resolve (v17 is due out soon) and Affinity Photo/Publisher/Designer for image editing.

I also picked up the HitFilm Pro HumbleBundle deal and it's also pretty nice for quick editing tasks.

I looked at VideoStudio a while back purely because of its support for stop motion which I was playing with at the time and at this price it's definitely worth a shot. UPDATE: Just finished downloading (6.77Gb download and 7.73Gb install with all content).

Funnily enough @abacabI still have Adobe Premiere and Photoshop Elements v14 installed on my old system and still find them useful for certain things. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

I have Paintshop Pro older version. Forget which one.   My wife got use to most of it and I usually update it every few years. Then I have to learn the ins and outs of the changes and slowly she moves to it.   I have made quite a few page layout templates for her scrapbooking photos.     Affinity Photo is really a sleek program and I have been trying a few simple ideas in the program to learn more about it.