Orchestral Tools announces Vivid Keys—Studio grand piano for SINE Player

cclarry

Orchestral Tools has announced the release of Vivid Keys by Organic Samples, a versatile grand piano with a warm, natural sound that is designed to fit easily into a broad range of styles and genres. Here's what they say:

The instrument is intended to be a go-to piano for the widest possible range of styles. Sampled in a dry room using close mics with the soft pedal on, Vivid Keys has an upfront quality and round tone. Three distinct mixes provide fast starting points for composers, producers, and other creators.

Vivid Keys captures the instantly-recognizable sound of a Yamaha C3 grand piano, recorded in the dry acoustic environment at T-REX Classics studios in Berlin. Neumann TLM 103 mics were placed close to the strings to maximize the piano's direct sound. The use of the soft pedal for all samples augments the instrument's warmth.

The library is designed for expressive playability, offering numerous dynamic layers and transitions to enable smooth playing from pianissimo to mezzo-forte. Extensive sampling of key releases and mechanical noises provides enhanced realism.

Vivid Keys features three ready-to-go mixes that let users start creating right away. The natural mix provides a present, upfront sound while offering a touch of optional reverb. The cinematic mix builds on the softer dynamics of the raw piano, adding a large, shimmering pad. And the tight pop mix uses dynamic compression to deliver the punch for cutting through any production.

Vivid Keys is the latest addition to the Organic Samples series, developed in collaboration with composer Maxime Luft to produce easy-to-use sample libraries that facilitate creative expression.

Price: €79 + VAT - Vivid Keys will be available from Nov 3 2020 until November 19 for €59+ VAT through the Orchestral Tools website.

https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/vivid-keys

• Like 2

In my opinion, Maxime Luft of Organic Samples is one of the most gifted creators of virtual instrument libraries working today.   He's very young, he's a prodigy, but I think in time he will be seen as on the level of a Tarilonte.  Obviously OT thinks that too or they wouldn't have bought his company.  Maxime and Ben Osterhouse are the exciting new generation.  (Ben has a new library out too--did anybody list it here?)

I need another piano like a hole in the head, but this sounds so beautiful.  My go-to for a Yamaha is Keyscape and I just might like this better.

The deal of 127 euros for all of his libraries is pretty amazing, considering it includes this, his Tableau strings (120 euros)  and my favorite solo vocal library Solo Opera (59 euros), another vocal library featuring the same singer as Solo Opera, and the amazing. Majestic Horn (2 euros).  Good stuff. 

EDIT: That is my upgrade price.  The actual price for the set is 199 euros.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

(Ben has a new library out too--did anybody list it here?).

Yes, Oscillator Strings, and it is gorgeous. I have talked with Ben about doing a livestream on this new library and featuring some of the other ones in his collection, very innovative and organic sounding.

This piano library also looks very nice and will try to check it out.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 3:31 AM, synthmeister said:

Why?!?!?!?

The soft pedal engaged is just a way to round up the sound a little bit. More of a sampling technique secret that we revealed here, as it rather affects the harsh high frequencies you hear on most sampled pianos.

It covers everything from very soft to very loud... but not in a harsh way. 

Thank you so much @Reid Rosefelt, it means a lot! 

• Like 1