IK British Channel

cclarry

Is JRR functional and "current" again??   I finally just checked and my order history is gone too.  It seemed like they used to always have a s-l-o-w server, so I was never in a hurry to order from them.  Now this latest crash or whatever happened. Was there ever an explanation?  It doesn't build confidence...  🤔

I can't log in. My first order was in 2019 - I suspect their databases broke* (which caused the original outage [and correlates with the SQL error that was displayed for a while]), and now they have been restored up to 2018; hopefully they have a more recent backup than 2018 that will eventually be restored.

* either that, or this is a really ungraceful database migration

Speculation here: Uncle Ed has his nephew running the server side and the nephew has found other interests. Now the server farm Uncle Ed help build needs someone with some real expertise to run it.

Again I am just speculating. But this is my impression of the whole deal that keeps happening on a regular basis. I want to deal with Uncle Ed, it's just not inspiring confidence. Not when it happens regularly.

Edited by Grem
  • Sad 1

I still would not touch Jrrshop at the moment until they have updated their database and my recent orders.

For instance, there is no mention of anything released after November 2018.  For example: Sampetank 4 ? nada!

• Great Idea 1