Puns Anyone? Got 'em? Post 'em.

Notes_Norton

3 hours ago, craigb said:

Before returning to their home town of Islkdjfwelitrjunvoijblseijselliclbknlkdnlslienlnklsknldijofisjdlinmkcmnxlcknbliksoeifjlsjnlinkdknlsjhoilinel! 😁

I learned an interesting piece of trivia just recently, but should have known the punchline already. I was asked, "Do you know the official name for Bangkok?" and there are slightly longer versions I have seen, but the official name is 168 characters long (longest city name in the world) and takes 24 seconds to pronounce in Thai! I had to admit I had never seen that but it was no wonder it is rarely ever seen... imagine trying to place a 911 call with it, ugh.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mettelus said:

I learned an interesting piece of trivia just recently, but should have known the punchline already. I was asked, "Do you know the official name for Bangkok?" and there are slightly longer versions I have seen, but the official name is 168 characters long (longest city name in the world) and takes 24 seconds to pronounce in Thai! I had to admit I had never seen that but it was no wonder it is rarely ever seen... imagine trying to place a 911 call with it, ugh.

168 characters??!  Wow...  And here I've always just shortened it to "Ow!!!" 😆

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit!

Well, at least it looks easier Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch! 😆

• Haha 1

Some new ones! 😁

She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but I miss her still.

What do you call a pig with laryngitis? Disgruntled.

Why do bees stay in their hives during winter? Swarm.

Just so everyone is clear, I’m going to put my glasses on.

A commander walks into a bar and orders everyone around.

I lost my job as a stage designer. I left without making a scene.

Never buy flowers from a monk. Only you can prevent florist friars.

How much did the pirate pay to get his ears pierced? A buccaneer.

I lost my girlfriend’s audiobook, and now I’ll never hear the end of it.

When I told my contractor I didn’t want carpeted steps, they gave me a blank stare.

Scientists got together to study the effects of alcohol on a person’s walk, and the result was staggering.

I’m trying to organize a hide and seek tournament, but good players are really hard to find.

I got over my addiction to chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. I won’t lie, it was a rocky road.

What did the surgeon say to the patient who insisted on closing up their own incision? Suture self.

I’ve started telling everyone about the benefits of eating dried grapes. It’s all about raisin awareness.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

To be or not to be a horse rider, that is equestrian

Ney!  😁

But in related news, Historians were combing through Shakespeare's house and found the pencils he had used in some of his writings.  They had all been chewed up pretty badly, so it was hard to tell if they were 2B or not 2B...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

True story:

Yesterday on the gig, 8 young girls came in, all wearing pink shirts with the name Barbie written across the front. They sat in the table right in front of us.

We found out two of the girls were named Barbie and celebrating their birthday, so we of course “Happy Birthday” to them.

But I did notice when there were coming in, walking in single file between the tables, that they were a “Barbie Queue”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2