Unify 1.0.12 is available NOW

TheSteven

Unify 1.0.12 is available NOW

PlugInGuru Customer: Log into PlugInGuru.com and the library is waiting for you.
Non-PlugInGuru Customer: Email coming soon from ilio.com.

Here's a couple of the new features:

• Now has CPU meters per layer and global.
  • Stability fixes
  • Improved compatibility with other licensing systems
  • New PolyVox

and more?  Watch video for details!

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks TS!

Just a note to anyone who has updated.

After updating you need to rebuild the patch database (press the lightning bolt top right of the browser) in order to see the new patches.

These are discussed further in the latest livestream...

• Thanks 1

If you have Unify could you do me a favor and go into the browser and under instruments pick PG-8X.  The 6 patches there all crash Unify standalone and as a plugin for me, but not for the Unify guys.  I'm curious if these patches work for other users (and I'm just the odd man out) or if other users get crashes also.  I don't remember trying them before I upgraded, so if you haven't upgraded and they work that might interesting to know as well.

27 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

If you have Unify could you do me a favor and go into the browser and under instruments pick PG-8X.  The 6 patches there all crash Unify standalone and as a plugin for me, but not for the Unify guys.  I'm curious if these patches work for other users (and I'm just the odd man out) or if other users get crashes also.  I don't remember trying them before I upgraded, so if you haven't upgraded and they work that might interesting to know as well.

It's not crashing here either Matthew. 

Tried standalone, VST2 and VST3 BUT I only seem to have one patch under PG-8X which is KEY - Spittin Piano. Wish they would display a total number of patches to make it easier to see that you have the correct number of them.

13 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Here's what I see

4cGrnS.jpg

I think I may re-download and install all the content.  Sadly PG-8X doesn't have any source available so I can't really debug why it's crashing.

Thanks - I do have all of those patches but the only one listed when I use tag "PG-8X" is "KEY - Spittin Pianos".

I tried those other patches and they aren't crashing.

Edited by ZincT

Just now, ZincT said:

Thanks - I do have all of those patches but the only one listed when TAG PG-8X is "KEY - Spittin Pianos".

Did you hit the Reset All at the top before picking the PG-8X tag?  Unify doesn't seem to like letting you un-select a tag, so I found I often ended up with less matches because something else was also selected.

22 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Did you hit the Reset All at the top before picking the PG-8X tag?  Unify doesn't seem to like letting you un-select a tag, so I found I often ended up with less matches because something else was also selected.

Yes I did hit reset all first. 

All my files came via ilio btw as I purchased from Audiodeluxe. I might also reinstall everything. 

Edited by ZincT

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes I did hit reset all first. 

I have 6 patches too ......there were two downloads a part of the update -  one of which was "Unify Content 1.0.12 Update.guru"

did you get that ? - (clutching at straws)

8 minutes ago, simon said:

I have 6 patches too ......there were two downloads a part of the update -  one of which was "Unify Content 1.0.12 Update.guru"

did you get that ? - (clutching at straws)

Yes I got both thanks Simon although I thought the guru file was quite small. Then again it didn't add much.

I added it via the settings menu rather than dragging /dropping to the UI if that makes a difference. 

One thing that does occur to me is that I didn't refresh the patch list (thunderbolt icon) on previous updates before applying new updates and I wonder if that has somehow affected the tags even though all the updates went without a hitch. I'm thinking that should be an automatic action on updating without requiring user intervention. 

Edited by ZincT

i did a drag and drop to for the .guru file - and I don't think I did any refreshes before I updated the patch list either.  In fact I only did the refresh because you mentioned it in the your post from earlier

I'm still getting my head around unity (shorthand for "bought it but haven't actually used it") I'll take a look later to see if I can work out where it is getting that data from

29 minutes ago, simon said:

i did a drag and drop to for the .guru file - and I don't think I did any refreshes before I updated the patch list either.  In fact I only did the refresh because you mentioned it in the your post from earlier

I'm still getting my head around unity (shorthand for "bought it but haven't actually used it") I'll take a look later to see if I can work out where it is getting that data from

Ok thanks - yes I also haven't used it in earnest yet although I have been through and favourited quite a few patches :) 

These are the files I have for the latest update with their file sizes (I haven't listed all the files inside the main zip as they are just a .rtf and a website link):

• UnifySetup.exe (the main file inside the ILIO_Unify_Win64_1.0.12.zip file) is 38.3 MB (40,257,462 bytes) or "size on disk" 38.3 MB (40,259,584 bytes)
  • Unify Content 1.0.12 Update.guru is 578 KB (592,722 bytes) or "size on disk" 580 KB (593,920 bytes)
Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

You should also have a 2.35gig Unify Factory Content.guru file that contains most of the patches.  Depending on when you bought Unify that base file may contain all the 1.0.12 update data.

There is also a button to add a guru file on the option panel which works the same as drag and drop.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

You should also have a 2.35gig Unify Factory Content.guru file that contains most of the patches.  Depending on when you bought Unify that base file may contain all the 1.0.12 update data.

There is also a button to add a guru file on the option panel which works the same as drag and drop.

Thanks, yes that 2.35 Gb file was installed when I first got Unify on 25th Feb and the file date has not changed from that. I think that was v1.0.9 and the install instructions were different depending on whether you already had an earlier version installed. I didn't and I followed their instructions to the letter.

The 10 new presets in 1.0.12 are also present in \Unify\Libraries\Unify Standard Library\Patches folder and work fine as per John's video. I mean it all seems to work fine, it just appears to be missing the tags discussed above for some reason. Then again it makes me wonder how many other tags are missing. 

At least it will be a good opportunity to test the 3rd party support on this as it was not bought directly from PG.

Ok I have raised a support ticket with ILIO.

Under settings - Patch database you can click on "View database" to see the patches and their tags. You can see a couple of those patches in this screenshot which should be tagged "PG-8X" and that it is only present for the "KEY - Spittin Piano" patch on my install. The other patches do have other tags present though and seem to work fine.

1200271766_UnifyTagsIssue.thumb.jpg.0a1314ace50c290f344799965f9c6db6.jpg

• Thanks 1

So looking at my database, the patches that do show up as tagged PG-8X don't have that tag in the View Database window.  See the tags on LEAD - Fat Blat Brass and LEAD - Fat Blat Brass octaves below, but they both show up in the browser when I pick Instruments->PG-8X  The only patch with the PG-8X is the KEY - Spitting Piano (see it in the shot below a bit above the selected line).

1pNEk2.jpg

• Thanks 1