Vulcan Bullying <---- (no smiley, this really happened)

SteveStrummerUK

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Haz me fred been locked again yet 😡

I may have to cheer myself up by sinking a few jars and chatting to some birds 😂

And then throw a few shrimps on the barbie ? 

Shrimps are vegetables, right?

Uages

Of this forum.

I wonder in all the time this forum has been opened anyone has thought about the money and effort put in to it to make this forum possible?

I wonder if it were not free if the inane postings would be so numerous?

I wonder if the idiotic banter that is only humorous to a few would be tolerated if those doing it had to pay for every silly post.

I don't come here much because it is rather depressing to be here any length of time for all the nonsense that permeates most every thread. Ones that might be interesting become a home of buffoonery for no purpose. All this will be on the net in perpetuity.  How sad.

The opportunity to enlighten to have an interchange of ideas and to further our understanding is being stolen by a few that have absolutely nothing to say, none the less, say something anyway.

An occasional funny thread with real humor would be a good thing but the constant droning of inconsequential verbiage makes this place a vacuum.

There I said it. Something I have been thinking for a very long time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Uages

Of this forum.

I wonder in all the time this forum has been opened anyone has thought about the money and effort put in to it to make this forum possible?

I wonder if it were not free if the inane postings would be so numerous?

I wonder if the idiotic banter that is only humorous to a few would be tolerated if those doing it had to pay for every silly post.

I don't come here much because it is rather depressing to be here any length of time for all the nonsense that permeates most every thread. Ones that might be interesting become a home of buffoonery for no purpose. All this will be on the net in perpetuity.  How sad.

The opportunity to enlighten to have an interchange of ideas and to further our understanding is being stolen by a few that have absolutely nothing to say, none the less, say something anyway.

An occasional funny thread with real humor would be a good thing but the constant droning of inconsequential verbiage makes this place a vacuum.

There I said it. Something I have been thinking for a very long time.  

Most of the world is inane is it not?

Hmmm.....if I had to pay for only the opportunity to post in this forum, probably not. If there were a tip jar I have been known to throw something into it here and there. 

Better funny to a few than funny to none in my opinion 😉 I am not  in favor of eliminating funny. 

Real humor to one person isn't funny to someone else. This is now more so since there are more cultures here which might not understand everything said, like the intentionally misspelled words (did I spell that correctly?)

Have you ever been to the Presonus forum? Just sayin' The Cakewalk forum rocks!

Humor of any kind always pokes fun at something. If that something directly includes another human being they might misunderstand or take offense. Two things have traditionally been common place in the old Coffee house, a thick skin and the willingness to be poked at in fun. I'll admit sometimes things get a little out of hand, but I imagine I'm in a varied group of people all talking and some things they say would make me feel uncomfortable, but I accept that this is who they are. The shoes is also on the other foot so to speak......I sometimes say thing that probably are taken wrong or offensive.

Who determines what "good humor" is? 

The problems happen when people come here and think we are actually having a serious discussion lol. This is semi-serious BTW...

I really hope no Vulcans were offended. If so live long and prosper...please no mind melding today. I have a headache.

Edited by Starise
  • Like 1