User 905133

Members
2,520 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

11,362 profile views
  1. Welcome. One place I've found them is at the Community Guidelines link. Underneath Cakewalk | DISCUSS there's a menu bar. that has Home Cakewalk Other Links. Hovering over Home should should reveal Forums and Community Guidelines. Not sure if they are posted elsewhere.
  2. For the record, I wasn't joking. I was being seriously pedantic. That being said, I am a bit tired of these circular 'debates. Also for the record, I genuinely appreciate Glenn's phraseology.
  3. "Soon" is a bit like "Tomorrow." Both terms are futuristic; neither really gets here. "Now" and "Today" are situated in "The Present." "Forthcoming" is like "Soon" but doesn't imply a generalized time frame. I suspect even people who like to nit-pick, argue, etc. would probably agree that "Soon" implies a short period of time. Carry on, but I really think this "debate" should be done in The Coffee House.
  4. If your web browser is zoomed in/magnified too much, you might not be seeing the Search Box in the upper right corner of the web page. Here's a link to a search I just did for "activation" with the forum's scope set to Everywhere (as opposed to This Topic). Here's a link to a search for "offline activation" (in quotation marks so the search engine looks for the phrase, not both words individually). If you are using a small form factor for your search (i.e., a cell phone), maybe you need to zoom out to see the Search Box?
  5. Thanks for the relevant but generalized comments re: *.vst3 plugins being placed in folders named with a vst3 suffix. It prompted me to set up two new searches: "*.vst3" for files and "vst3 Folders" for folders that have the vst3 suffix.
  6. ADDENDUM: After looking through the online NI documentation, maybe there are some Kontakt users in the forum that can address things unique to using Kontakt within CbB.
  7. Assuming each midi track is routed to a single sound-producing midi device on one and only one midi channel, have you made sure that the midi outputs of those devices are not being introduced into the data flow? Sometimes this can happen with software synths if plugins have their midi outputs enabled.
  8. Wish I had seen this post before the other one. See the replies in the other thread. BTW, I started with Cakewalk for MS-DOS (with hardware), skipped Pro Audio (except for trials), and then did a number of updates starting with SONAR 3. If you used sysex with Pro Audio, the CbB documentation should get you caught up. Also, you can search the forum. There are many discussions of using System Exclusive data dumps and commands using CbB.
  9. User 905133

Sysex

(1) By bandlab do you mean Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) or the mobile device/web-based app? (2) What do you want to do with sysex (e.g, to control parameters, to save and restore bulk data dumps, etc.)? Assuming you mean CbB, you can access sysex banks and commands from the Sysx View in the menu bar. If you don't see it there check your Workspace--some factory Workspaces exclude the Sysex View (such as "Basic"). If that's the case, enable the Sysx View in your current Workspace, or either choose "none" or another Workspaces (such as "Advanced"). (3) Here's a link to the index page in the online documentation. See also: https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=SYSX.01.html#1177298 https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=SYSX.03.html#1113134
  10. I had something similar recently. So you don't have to read the full post, I posted the solution that worked for me. (See quote below.) Others might have different solutions; no guarantee mine will work for others.
  11. This makes sense from an "intuitive/non-intuitive" perspective. Nowadays, most drop down menus in the world seem to prevent users from typing choices. Classic example: having to scroll through a long list of locations (such as US States) in a web-form instead of being able to type a 2 letter abbreviation.
  12. Thanks for the clarification. You had my hopes up, but just about 1/8 of an inch. 😉
  13. USB? Parallel Port? If the latter, how? The last time I called MOTU, tech support had no idea that they used to make parallel port interfaces and they certainly didn't have any documentation I could use to try to make it work under Windows 10. They do have a download page for the "MIDI Express XT original" but the driver download for Windows 10 still requires a USB version. So far as I know, the original did not have USB nor can it be upgraded; nor is there an upgrade path to any USB versions of any era. The last time any of my MOTU MIDI interfaces worked with a computer as intended, it was under Windows XP.
  14. FWIW, I still log into CbB several times a week (might miss a week here or there), and today I got the toaster that saving is disabled until I reactivate Cakewalk. I have 2024.02 build 098. The help menu gives me an option to log out from Bandlab. Check for updates says I have the current version. I have options to use offline activation, but I don't generally use that. Help > About also says "Please sign into your Bandlab account to activate Cakewalk. I seem to recall others have had this issue (being logged in yet having to log in to reactivate). Did anyone solve it? Are we supposed to log out and then log back into the Bandlab account?** If anyone did that recently, does it work to reactivate CbB? Thanks. **UPDATE: I took a chance, logged out of Bandlab from within CbB, looked up the user name and password, rebooted CbB (might not have been necessary to close/reopen CbB), and logged into Bandlab starting from within CbB. That worked for me.