Looking for a good Horns stab VST pluggin

My go to horn section I created using xPand 2 by Air. It is always on sale for like $10.  If it not on sale I think it’s still a great synth sort of like DimPro but it has 4 separate players you can assign different channels or layer up parts like I did to make the horn section. Gives you total control of panning and 2 different effects sends. 
I noticed it was also included with the free version of Pro Tools. But I have no way to verify if it installed the VST version as Pro Tools uses AAX 

• Like 3

On 4/15/2024 at 4:05 PM, John Vere said:

My go to horn section I created using xPand 2 by Air.

Care to share the preset? I'm an XPand!2 fan.

Shoot, multiple AIR synths are excellent deals. Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, Boom, Drumsynth 500....

I have powerhouses like MASSIVE, Chromaphone, and VA-3, and Hybrid 3 still gets more action than any other in my collection.

This is what I use on my backing tracks for live music. I have also used it on one recording. 

Air is the biggest PITA to install I think it took 3 days to sort it out last time I re built. Then  they don't have very good support. They haven't updated much either. I only use This and the DB33. I also have Velvet installed. I have the complete collection I think I got it for under $100. I just haven't bothered to instal most of it yet.   Great stuff and I have never found anything that replaces the DB33. Xpand is just so handy with the 4 channels/ patches. 

Screenshot (690).png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Air is the biggest PITA to install I think it took 3 days to sort it out last time I re built.

I've heard this from others, but it has always gone smoothly for me. I've installed them on at least 4 different newly built/acquired systems and nary a glitch.

They released versions with new installers a couple of years ago, so be sure to snag those.

12 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Then  they don't have very good support.

Yeah, their website form was useless last time I needed support (lost machine authorization for iLok so I needed to reset all of those licenses). However, one of their support people posted their email address in the KVR AIR support forum and that worked.

Yeah, I think that most of the rest of the collection isn't the thing for your kind of music. But for me, though, doing ITB electronica, the ones I mentioned are the bee's knees.

• 2 weeks later...