Native Instruments Utopia synth free at KVR

Starship Krupa

well, i tried but didn't find anything unexpected, or "everywhere"? i do recognise the simple beauty of other authorisation schemes (licence file or even no auth) but, y'know, take a deep breath

12 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

well, i tried but didn't find anything unexpected, or "everywhere"? i do recognise the simple beauty of other authorisation schemes (licence file or even no auth) but, y'know, take a deep breath

Great.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrFigg said:

IZotope yes. PA no. The PA authorization and installation is simple and good. iZotope and NI put crap everywhere on your hard drive. Everywhere!!!! A shame because I have a load of their stuff and like it. But it’s just not worth it. 

Just use symbolic links and put everything that takes up a lot of space on an external hard drive. Easy peasy once you've set it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Per Christian Frankplads said:

Just use symbolic links and put everything that takes up a lot of space on an external hard drive. Easy peasy once you've set it up.

It's not the space which is the issue. It's the NI folders and files all over the place which are left even after installation and need to be removed manually.

Some people don't like iLok. I don't like NI. That's pretty much the state of things on my end.

Edited by MrFigg

4 hours ago, Per Christian Frankplads said:

I've never had to do that with NI libraries.  You can add folders in Kontakt.  I've had them spread on 3 drives and no issues.  This is where Kontakt rules.

3 hours ago, pwal³ said:

what grinds my gears is clicking the "close" X on an app and it just goes to the system tray, sneaky, and not standard/windows-compliant

UA does the same thing and no option to keep it from startup.

4 hours ago, MrFigg said:

It's not the space which is the issue. It's the NI folders and files all over the place which are left even after installation and need to be removed manually.

Some people don't like iLok. I don't like NI. That's pretty much the state of things on my end.

Such as?   So far they delete those large libraries after installing which sucks since you have to archive after installed.  The last think I want to do when replacing a drive is to download all of those large files and some ISPs warn you about downloading to much.  I can reinstall all of my IK, VSL, non player Kontakt libraries without using the net.

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Give MS some time and it wont.  Look how they screwed up start menus. 

True.  That's why I could not install Open-Shell fast enough after installing Windows 10.

10 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Do a search for NI on your hard drive and see how many folders all over your hard drive you find their crap.

My complaint about Native Access is that when it first installs, and whenever it updates, it installs and enables 3 different services that are only used to connect and configure Native Instruments hardware.

So every time there's an update to Native Access, I have to open Windows' Services app, shut them all down and set them to disabled.

Softube have also started installing and enabling their own "Softube Installer Helper," which I go in and set to manual and only start up when I'm installing Softube updates.

How egotistical do you have to be to assume that it's okay to install a service that's to support products the user doesn't own and/or are only needed during product updates?

I also leave Waves Local Server set to manual. That thing is a joke, all it does is enable the fancier preset browser that was kluged on a few years ago.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

My complaint about Native Access is that when it first installs, and whenever it updates, it installs and enables 3 different services that are only used to connect and configure Native Instruments hardware.

Kinda hoping there would be a quick reference/thread/wiki-page with a list of all the unnecessary services.