Native Instruments Utopia synth free at KVR

Starship Krupa

4 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

The way I understand it only a few lucky winners will get it, no?

Utopia for every user and some will win the fancy Komplete versions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

I didn't receive anything though. Did you?

it says this on the site: "Licenses are issued manually, so please allow for up to 48 hours after entry to receive yours."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, antler said:

Does that include iZotope and PA, which now fall under NI too?

IZotope yes. PA no. The PA authorization and installation is simple and good. iZotope and NI put crap everywhere on your hard drive. Everywhere!!!! A shame because I have a load of their stuff and like it. But it’s just not worth it. 

4 hours ago, DamienF said:

the audio demos are so cheesy...

I just ran through the presets and while a lot of them are cliched trance sounds, there are some nice basses, pads and some of the arps. When it comes to leads, most of them were not to my taste.

But I'm a sucker for a nice shimmer pad and there are enough of that kind of thing for it to be a keeper for me.

I agree with you, it seems to be more usable than I thought

in fact it's probably always the case with the play serie : some good sounds among 80% of crappy ones

Edited by DamienF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFigg said:

iZotope and NI put crap everywhere on your hard drive. Everywhere!!!!

can you be more specific about this? i know they have the usual download manager app, but...?

Plugin Alliance: Go to the website, log in and then authorize your computer. That's it. Plugins install to one folder. You want to uninstall them you just delete the .dll.

Native Instruments: Install their manager. Install whatever plugins you want to. Do a search for NI on your hard drive and see how many folders all over your hard drive you find their crap.

iZotope: I never had any problems before but then I started finding massive files hidden deep which are supposed to aid in communications between their different apps.

Can't be more specific than that but you'll see what I mean if you try.