Cakewalk is crashing with the following message: BitBridge.exe Abnormal program termination

Should there be some indication that I am opening the project in SAFE MODE?  I am holding down the SHIFT key and double clicking on the PROJECT to open it but I don't see any indication that it is opening in SAFE MODE.  I am able to delete to 2 track however, Cakewalk then just continually hour glasses becoming unresponsive and requiring me again to END TASK to get out of it.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Are you opening directly from Windows explorer? To use Safe Mode you open the CWP file in Windows. You will defiantly see dialog boxes as it proceeds. 

Yes!

I also hid the 2 tracks in question and was able to save the project however, now the project doesn't open at all!

Edited by tdehan

Apparently the reason I couldn't open the project after closing it was because of the following pop up error message.  Once I click OK on the message I can open the project.  However, each time I close the project this pop up message re-appears!

BitBridge.jpg

I don’t think hiding

tracks would change anything. You have to remove the instrument or effects plug ins from the project completely.  
This is what safe mode allows you to do. 
It normally presents you with a list of the plug ins and you can choose what gets loaded and what doesn’t.

I might be wrong but I wonder what would happen if you totally remove the plug ins from your system.
Open Cakewalk , no project, open preferences and run the plug in scanner. 

Then open the plug in manager and make sure those plug ins are gone. 
Then try and open the project. 

I just built a new computer so lots of plug ins never got installed, I have better ones I’d rather use. But all those projects open just fine with a warning and list of missing plug ins. They show in brackets. 
The only ones that were crashing Cakewalk were 2 instruments from Air music. 
I had to open in safe mode to figure that out. 
I had to contact Air to remove the license from the old computer. But anyway, that’s the only time I ever had used safe mode. 

Not if you used the right-click menu.  This gets me now and then when I accidently click Hide Track instead of Narrow Strip in Console View.

Hit the H key or in the Track View menu, go to Tracks > Track Manager and check the unchecked tracks.

Edited by sjoens

Running Cakewalk as Administrator does not let me deleted the two tracks.

Clicking H allows me to unhide the 2 tracks however, when I try to delete them Cakewalk instantly freezes requiring and END TASK to get out of it.

Posted (edited)

When I hold down the SHIFT key and open the project I don't receive anything that says I am opening in SAFE MODE.  I only get the following message:

cakewalk.jpg.225210158c279a61ded119ea2346979b.jpg

I also deleted the two offending pluggins however, the 2 tracks still appeared and there was no message about the deleted pluggins.

However... I was finally able to delete the 2 tracks by opening the project file in SONAR.  SONAR allowed me to delete the tracks and save the project as a new project file.  But, now when I open the newly named and saved project file in Bandlab Cakewalk and close the project I still get this pop up about BitBridge:

BitBridge.jpg.d1fedb35fbbb73445608452dd4660964.jpg

Edited by tdehan

To get a project to open in Safe mode you should have CbB already open. and then hold Shift while double-clicking the project file in Windows Explorer. If CbB isn't already open, the Shift is intercepted by the application launch process and causes it to 're-personalize'.

The Bitbridge error is going to be due to some 32-bit plugin in the project that needs to be stopped from loading in Safe mode.

21 minutes ago, David Baay said:

To get a project to open in Safe mode you should have CbB already open. and then hold Shift while double-clicking the project file in Windows Explorer. If CbB isn't already open, the Shift is intercepted by the application launch process and causes it to 're-personalize'.

The Bitbridge error is going to be due to some 32-bit plugin in the project that needs to be stopped from loading in Safe mode.

Thanks David, that fixed it!

For me the BitBridge error had nothing to do with 32 bit plugins as it occurred as soon as Sonar (X1 thru 3) was launched and before any project was open.  Running as admin corrected this and my Plugin Manager issues.  But they probably aren't related to this one.

13 hours ago, tdehan said:

When I hold down the SHIFT key and open the project I don't receive anything that says I am opening in SAFE MODE.  I only get the following message:

cakewalk.jpg.225210158c279a61ded119ea2346979b.jpg

I also deleted the two offending pluggins however, the 2 tracks still appeared and there was no message about the deleted pluggins.

However... I was finally able to delete the 2 tracks by opening the project file in SONAR.  SONAR allowed me to delete the tracks and save the project as a new project file.  But, now when I open the newly named and saved project file in Bandlab Cakewalk and close the project I still get this pop up about BitBridge:

BitBridge.jpg.d1fedb35fbbb73445608452dd4660964.jpg

Yep, that's the difference between opening Cakewalk in Safe Mode and a Project in Safe Mode.

2 completely different functions.