STRIX Instruments PRIPYAT Pianos Sale (Exclusive) for $19

cclarry

57 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Those weird yet remarkable Tsjernobyl pianos…

I realize the idea behind it. But the out of tune nature and baked in reverb makes me think these libraries use cases are incredibly limited to maybe cinematic or games composers looking for the piano for texture,, but could you actually use them to play an actual song with chords, etc? I don't get the sense you can. Is that perception correct or incorrect? 

What do you like about them and what do you think they do well? 

Also,  if you buy directly from the developer they're selling it for the same price and will give 100% of the sale towards the effort to help Ukraine from the Russian attacks. 

https://strixinstruments.com/pripyat-pianos/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Is that perception correct or incorrect? 

100% correct. They're useless for everything but sound design.

55 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Fleer likes literally everything. Lots of love in his heart apparently.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Ah, but there are differences. You simply have to learn how to interpret Fleer's commendations. Here's what they actually mean:

• Come to mama = 5
  • Da shiznet = 4
  • Pretty, pretty good = 3
  • Great stouph = 2
  • Nice juan = 1
  • Remarkable = 0
  • WUP = -1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, jngnz said:

100% correct. They're useless for everything but sound design.

Savage! But thanks.  

Fleer is a good guy who I find helpful and I do appreciate his advice. I also appreciate your very critical advice, which is probably closer to my own analytical nature -- with a lot less self editing! I tend to save the completely unedited takes for developers that engage in bad behavior.  But I'm guessing over a couple of beers, you and I would have pretty similar savage takes! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Ah, but there are differences. You simply have to learn how to interpret Fleer's commendations. Here's what they actually mean:

• Come to mama = 5
  • Da shiznet = 4
  • Pretty, pretty good = 3
  • Great stouph = 2
  • Nice juan = 1
  • Remarkable = 0
  • WUP = -1

That post is awesome! Thanks for the laugh. And I think Fleer knows, we're laughing with him, not at him. I'm definitely #teamfleer. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I realize the idea behind it. But the out of tune nature and baked in reverb makes me think these libraries use cases are incredibly limited to maybe cinematic or games composers looking for the piano for texture,, but could you actually use them to play an actual song with chords, etc? I don't get the sense you can. Is that perception correct or incorrect? 

Also,  if you buy directly from the developer they're selling it for the same price and will give 100% of the sale towards the effort to help Ukraine from the Russian attacks. 

https://strixinstruments.com/pripyat-pianos/

TBH, I mostly like the idea behind it. That’s why I got it back then. But still think it’s a special juanita.