Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 now $231.26 @ BestService (ex VAT)

Craig N

Sup dawg, I heard you like drums. Well, BestService is beating their own prices on these beats. Get it on. Bang a gong. 

SD3 and all SDX have dropped in price from when the deal was first posted by trager at the start of March. I'd kept the tabs open the past few days after the Easter codes came out and I refreshed the page earlier, just in case, only to be rewarded with some extra sweet last minute price drops. I'm not sure how long these prices will last, but I'm guessing it won't be long. 

Superior Drummer 3 was $276 now $251.26 and use #CHICK20 code to get it down to $231.26 with 8.97 BestCoin towards your next order

SDX Orchestral Percussion now $234, I didn't manage to capture exactly what it was previously but it was at least $20 more. After #CHICK20 and BestCoin from SD3 I got it for $205.48. 

SDX Value Pack was $322 down to $293 and use the #CHICK20 code to get it down to $273 minus whatever BestCoin you have. As I bought this after Orchestral Percussion, it brought the avg price for Rooms of Hansa, Hitmaker and Death&Darkness to $88 each, for a total of $264.91 and left me with 10.47 BestCoin for my next purchase. 

https://www.bestservice.com/en/sdx_value_pack.html

https://www.bestservice.com/en/sdx_orchestral_percussion.html

https://www.bestservice.com/en/superior_drummer_3.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I already own it, but it's great to see it at this price. It's my go-to acoustic drum plugin, my favorite by far and I have a bunch of KONTAKT acoustic drum libraries, and  AD2 and most of their libraries, but nothing comes close to SD3. Highly recommended. 

• Like 2

Are there any good SDX recommendations for Pop / R&B / Jazz / Funk type of sound? Currently looking at just grabbing three from Hitmaker, Decades, Rooms of Hansa, and Stories.

Edited by Wallace

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It gets pricey when you start buying the addons. 

Yep. That's the major downside of Toontrack stuff. Absolutely top notch, but I'm not crazy about their prices. I have a few ezX for metal that I'm open to offers on if anyone's looking.  But even then, Toontrack charges you $15USD for each library you sell. 

7 hours ago, Wallace said:

Are there any good SDX recommendations for Pop / R&B / Jazz / Funk type of sound? Currently looking at just grabbing three from Hitmaker, Decades, Rooms of Hansa, and Stories.

I have a mix of SDx and EZx, but the library I love the best lately is Custom Shop. I think it would work well for certain types of R&B and funk.  The kits sound very different than everything else. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wallace said:

Decades is the obvious choice for jazz, depending on what you want it to do. I really wanted nice, smooth, snare swirls that were easily programmed, so I upgraded to SD3 and bought Decades. It didn't get me there, whereas spending $30 on Klevgrand's Borsta got me exactly what I was after. Decades is fantastic, but even though it has brush articulations, I think of it more as a big band jazz sound.

I really like Rooms of Hansa. Fields of Rock is the other 'modern' SDX I have. Honestly, I wonder if SD3 is overkill for what it sounds like you want - the genres you mention seem better represented in the EZ Drummer line - Superior is much more tailored to acoustic drums that 'sound' acoustic. The Pop/R&B side of things has tons of EZD3 expansions.

• Thanks 1