"Walked Away" the rocker on the new album

bats brew

On 3/13/2024 at 4:57 PM, Paul Bush said:

Great bit of rock .. and nothing is straight forward as far as your super music is concerned great guitar tones

Thank you Paul!

Fun making these guitar tones. Trying out new settings with a Marshall and Tele  kind of rhythm tone. Crunchy, but fat at the same time.

On 3/21/2024 at 1:08 PM, freddy j said:

Great rocker, mix, and excellent performance.  I echo Lynn's comments above!

howdy ho freddy j!

thank you for listening and commenting. i'm real glad you guys are digging this stuff!

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Always a fan here. As usual, well written, played, and produced.

👍's 👏

t

a question on the white strat; how is balance on the E,B,G strings with the "blades"?

hey T!

glad you heard this one, this one kinda balances out the 'next' one that i have posted already...the twilight rain song.

so, hard rock, then introspective acoustic/electric....non drums. i don't know what you call that!! LOL

ah, the white strat.

that is a USACG build, alder body, maple neck with pau ferro fingerboard.

the electronics are bill lawrence WILDE L500's in the bridge, L280's in the middle and neck positions.

the blades on the 500L are awesome.

the most balanced pickup i've ever played thru, but the choice of putting that pickup in this guitar, makes it a pretty hot and responsive pickup.

https://www.wildepickups.com/products/l500

if you think about it, pickups that have pole pieces, have a limited 'window' of sampling the vibration of the strings..

vs, a blade, it's continuous. if you do a lot of bends (like me) the blade tracks continuously, and you never really bend out of a 'zone' of catching the steel string output. i'm sure folks would say that the window of capture over a pole is big enough that bending just takes you from one pole to another, and the thinness of the blade provides a very focused capture.

it's as if it has clarity and fatness at the same time.

alnico 5 magnets.

but i can hear a difference.

check out this late night reading on the '500L':

https://darthphineas.com/2023/01/wilde-pickups-l500/

• Thanks 1