Last FREE update (2024.02) ?

Tad confused, doesn't take much. I thought the last update, was the last updated for the free version of cakewalk had been and gone? What is this 2024.02 update? Is it for the free version to stop online activation and keep it offline ? Is this the actual last FREE update?

image.thumb.png.08f30842cab18e2471739f49f15d79da.png

Edited by whoisp

• whoisp changed the title to Last FREE update (2024.02) ?

In the forum release notes for 2023.09 Build 75, the bakers said that “Version 2023.09 will likely be the last update”. 

Notice the word “likely”

This means that it is unlikely that there will be further updates.  However, not impossible.  

Again, 2024.02 will LIKELY be the last update.  Also, 2024.02 will still require activation.

See

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

In the forum release notes for 2023.09 Build 75, the bakers said that “Version 2023.09 will likely be the last update”. 

Notice the word “likely”

Cheers LIKELY i missed the word LIKELY, im bad 😁

16 hours ago, sjoens said:

This update was partly in response to users not liking the 20 sec. nag screen that started occurring last month each time CbB is opened.  This update removed it.

Cheer's ive just had family issues and wasn't keeping on top of things and paying attention to the updates, thanx

Listen man, I know I sure as ***** am not going to be paying for a new version of Cakewalk if major bugs that have been in it since like Sonar X1 are still going to exist. Why does sidechaining still crash the audio engine with no dropout error over a decade later? Why does sending drum buses with FX still cause phase issues unless you toggle the FX off, start playback, and then enable them? These are fundamental and massive issues that have existed for over a decade now. I used to pay for this crap, I ain't paying for it again unless they fix it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tomo SZN said:

Listen man, I know I sure as ***** am not going to be paying for a new version of Cakewalk if major bugs that have been in it since like Sonar X1 are still going to exist. Why does sidechaining still crash the audio engine with no dropout error over a decade later? Why does sending drum buses with FX still cause phase issues unless you toggle the FX off, start playback, and then enable them? These are fundamental and massive issues that have existed for over a decade now. I used to pay for this crap, I ain't paying for it again unless they fix it.

If you have specific issues, make a formal bug report and include relevant details on how to reproduce it.

On 3/10/2024 at 2:03 PM, whoisp said:

Tad confused, doesn't take much. I thought the last update, was the last updated for the free version of cakewalk had been and gone? What is this 2024.02 update? Is it for the free version to stop online activation and keep it offline ? Is this the actual last FREE update?

image.thumb.png.08f30842cab18e2471739f49f15d79da.png

There won't be new feature development in CbB, but there will likely be an occasional maintenance update as needed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1