Somerville Sounds releases first plugin "Prototype Rubber Bridge" - Free / Donationware

Solidos

Somerville Sounds releases their first free plugin "Prototype Rubber Bridge". It is a standalone plugin, no need for Kontakt.

Somerville Sounds is a new company formed by Jon Meyer, Hunter Rogerson & Owen Bolig.

They are the creators of some of the best previously released Pianobook libraries, especially Hunter's stuff is amazing imho.

Download Rubber Bridge Plucks from http://www.Somervillesounds.com

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Solidos changed the title to Somerville Sounds releases first plugin "Prototype Rubber Bridge" - Free / Donationware

It does sound good. I recognize Hunter Rogerson's name from Pianobook. He's shared some really nice libraries for free at Pianobook. He's one of the people there I follow. I'm interested in what he does. Although I wish they didn't create another propietary sampler plugin.  I'd greatly prefer if they remained with KONTAKT or another established sampler rather than create another plugin to learn, install, troubleshoot, and maintain. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Excited to see this get off the ground.

The first prototype has a really cool sound to it, almost like a nice round Horner bass at times, Running it through Recirculate is a lot of fun.

It is like a team from a secret sampling society;
Jon is “The Player”, Hunter is “The Blender GUI Master”, Owen is “ The Coder”.

For the Prototype, Owen is using the open source HISE platform for their instruments. I hear that they are also going to still introduce Kontakt based instruments. The Prototypes might be called proof of concept experiments to get things rolling as well as to get some initial momentum.

I have been big fans of what Jon, Hunter, and Owen have done respectively and look forward to seeing them succeed in this new venture.

*The fine print:
I have purchased instruments from Jon Meyer when first learning of his work. I have received NFR copies of their Pianobook Artists libraries via Spitfire Audio. I also purchased the first Somerville Sounds prototype in an effort to help support them and have offered to assist in testing future releases.

Joyfully yours,
Simeon

51 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Excited to see this get off the ground.

The first prototype has a really cool sound to it, almost like a nice round Horner bass at times, Running it through Recirculate is a lot of fun.

It is like a team from a secret sampling society;
Jon is “The Player”, Hunter is “The Blender GUI Master”, Owen is “ The Coder”.

For the Prototype, Owen is using the open source HISE platform for their instruments. I hear that they are also going to still introduce Kontakt based instruments. The Prototypes might be called proof of concept experiments to get things rolling as well as to get some initial momentum.

I have been big fans of what Jon, Hunter, and Owen have done respectively and look forward to seeing them succeed in this new venture.

*The fine print:
I have purchased instruments from Jon Meyer when first learning of his work. I have received NFR copies of their Pianobook Artists libraries via Spitfire Audio. I also purchased the first Somerville Sounds prototype in an effort to help support them and have offered to assist in testing future releases.

Joyfully yours,
Simeon

I hope that's right about KONTAKT.  I found the libraries that Hunter shared on Pianobook well done and imaginative. 

Also, kudos on the disclosure. I wish more influencers would follow your lead and do them.  As always,  like everyone else here, I look forward to listening to you play this stuff. It's always a blast and contagious to watch you enjoying libraries and music.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionel said:

Just watched the vid... sounds nice!

Does anyone know if he deleted some of his sample packs from Pianobook?  Just curious.

Doesn't seem so. Still showing on PB (they are removed quickly if withdrawn).

• Like 1