Sonnox 🎉 Save £70 on Sonnox Claro EQ Plugin - Sale Starts Now! 🎶

cclarry

1 hour ago, JT3Jon said:

Thoughts vs Sonible SmartEQ? Also wonder if this means a new version is coming this year, probably adding dynamic EQ.

What a strange post.

smartEQ is something entirely different. If you're talking about the unmasking feature, Claro only shows it visually instead of doing it for you. In that regard, it’s like the feature in ProQ on steroids and the very best thing about it is you can see and change (!) any track's settings from every other instances.

And this steep discount is clearly yet another sign it’s a failed product that they pretty much abandoned. I'm still pissed I got it for the $79 intro price and they had it at $35 like 6 months later…

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

What a strange post.

smartEQ is something entirely different. If you're talking about the unmasking feature, Claro only shows it visually instead of doing it for you. In that regard, it’s like the feature in ProQ on steroids and the very best thing about it is you can see and change (!) any track's settings from every other instances.

And this steep discount is clearly yet another sign it’s a failed product that they pretty much abandoned. I'm still pissed I got it for the $79 intro price and they had it at $35 like 6 months later…

SmartEQ has extra functionality yes, but its also functions as an EQ with autogain, band soloing, and multiple filter shapes / dynamic ability. Trying to figure out if Claro offers anything unique or any reason why one would choose it over SmartEQ in a mix? Unsure why this constituted a "strange post" reply, but then I'm a strange guy! 

But I do appreciate your insight, especially in regards to sonnox pricing and products potentially becoming abandonware. Good things to consider. 

Edited by JT3Jon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2024 at 7:50 PM, JT3Jon said:

SmartEQ has extra functionality yes, but its also functions as an EQ with autogain, band soloing, and multiple filter shapes / dynamic ability.

Today I learned SmartEQ is an actual EQ. I double clicked on the graph and a freely movable EQ point appeared and I was like WTF!!! For YEARS of owning it now, I thought it could only do the smart stuff with minimal control over the settings.

Wait it can do dynamic EQ as well??? W T F.

Know your tools.

• Great Idea 2
  • Haha 2

Oh dear 🤐,  give Claro a bit of love and use and you may find it's not as bad as you think. I've had it since release and it's still on the regular rotation, I quite like it.

Dude up there ^^^ if you can still get it for that price, even more so if you can get it for the $9 someone said, go man go.

Edited by Heath Row
  • Like 1